LIFE MEMBER
Aug 13, 2013
West Lothian
Funster No
MH
Knaus 650 MEG
Exp
Since July 2013, moved from towing caravans
Hi Folks, We are heading to Dundee in a couple of weeks to attend a conference and visit one of the kids who has just started her student life at Dundee Uni where she has moved into halls
:party2:

I'm looking for somewhere to stopover Friday and Saturday night and all I can find is a campsite a few miles away at Monifieth. Anyone know of anything actually in Dundee?

P.S don't tell her mother I am celebrating the first of the brood to move out ;)

mike mcglynn

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jan 6, 2008
St. Helens MERSEYSIDE
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick XL
Exp
A long time now
Hi, Bluebob we used to stay at 2 places when visiting our daughter when she was at Dundee University one was Monifieth and the other was a little way out of Dundee, before you hit the roundabout for Ninewells hospital I cant recall the name of it but it is surrounded by huge trees and when travelling you wont miss it ,the facilities were pretty basic but so was the cost ,there was a place in the park in Dundee but we never stayed there, Monifieth was a very nice site facilities were first class . Good Luck in your search:)

OP
OP
bluebob

bluebob

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 13, 2013
West Lothian
Funster No
MH
Knaus 650 MEG
Exp
Thanks Mike if I can't find anything in the City I think we will book into Monifieth. Hope your daughter enjoyed University ours has really settled in and has managed to be one of the faces being used to promote the Union parties already. Ah well guess thats what being a student is all about ☺

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Kelsae2

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 9, 2011
kelso,scottish borders
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2005
Hi Bluebob
We have stayed on both sites in Monifieth, but prefer the Riverside site as it is far more level than the other one. Only other site I can think of at the moment is a Cl near Perthshire Caravans at Errol.
Charlie

OP
OP
bluebob

bluebob

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 13, 2013
West Lothian
Funster No
MH
Knaus 650 MEG
Exp
Thanks Charlie. I have stayed on the CL your talking about which is next to Errol but a bit far out. Looks like Riverside is favourite
Cheers

Bobby

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ABZSteve

Free Member
Banned
Jan 8, 2014
Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
2018, Apache 634 150 Auto
Exp
Since 2015
Riverside level, but closer to the firing range . We levelled fine at Tay view. Nice site, nice facilities. Good luck (y)

Kelsae2

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 9, 2011
kelso,scottish borders
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2005
You are correct that river view is more level. Only managed to be level on tayview by going on a seasonal pitch by accident as could not get one of the few level pitches. Have never had any issues with being near the firing ranges any time we have been on river view, plus the showers block is better than tayview.
Charlie

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back