LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi
We are heading for the tunnel on the 16th and someone on here posted a link to stop24 service area next to tunnel i have tried the contact us to ask them a few questions but email comes back as wrong address. So firstly does anyone know their contact details, secondly my questions where regarding the price for overnight parking of a mh i know website says £5 but i have heard its more if sleeping in mh overnight. Also does anyone know if it has showers for use. Has anyone actually stayed here overnight.

Thanks Gerry

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
not the best place to stop

It is about £20 over night.. very busy and a lot of movement of traffic, doubt you will get a lot of sleep. It is the early arrival parking for the tunnel.. I live in Kent and go past this services when I go to the tunnel.. parking is not good on the M20 (the service near Leeds is also a no go) but there are places off the old A20 you can park up for a few hours. But there are lots of trucks there days using them as well. If I recall you have to pay by card via a mobile if you do go that route. Me? I would look on the West side of Maidstone over towards Wateringbury there is parking there that the trucks do not seem to use much..OK lay by type, but it is free.

Bob:Eeek:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
We have used the M20 services at Maidstone several times, Operated by RoadChef, on the M20 at J8, it was £12 but I just read, it's now £26 :Eeek:

Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi thanks for your replys i think i will just book into a local campsite for the night i thought the parking would be more than a fiver at the service station.

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
personally I would go for Marine Parade, free and good as. Always a driveway for you here Gerry on your way.

look forward to seeing you in France, :winky:

decided where your going yet?

we are off to get some surf at Cap bretton straight after the Knutsford show. Also going to pop in to Les Eyzies for a few nights to get some kyacking done.

Aug 29, 2010
Nuneaton. Only when I have to.
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis t564
Exp
Since Sept 2010
We've used the Park and Ride motorhome aire at Canterbury (Dover Road) for getting a ferry crossing. Secure, £5, 2 mins from pub serving meals. Looks like around 30 mins from tunnel terminal on Googlemap. You need to arrive by 1930hrs I think.

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi Paul
Thanks for the offer of the drive we are either heading down on the friday or sat as tunnel is 7.20 am sunday never actually thought i could have done the knutsford show on way down.

We are going to head to Sarlat stopping off at parverger for a night or 2 so we can visit Link Removed looks really interesting and Sophie's friend Emma is doing history so should be good for her.
Once we have spend a few days at Sarlat we are going to head for Les Eyzies then depends how long we stay might try and make it over to the coast we are not back until the 5th so should be enough time.

Hopefully with a bit of luck we will meet you we will be posting on here if we have wifi and might even join you for a SLOW run.

Gerry

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Thanks John they look ok might think about them as we will need to eat so may as well do it at a pub

Gerry

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
Gerry,

Dont forget that the shops are closed on a Sunday in France if you need any thing make sure you have it before you go over.

John

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
4 miles from the tunnel is the Black Horse at Stowting, just off the A20.

It's 10 pounds a night or free if you eat there.

It's on my list of pubs, click the link below.

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
can recommend this one

We've used the Park and Ride motorhome aire at Canterbury (Dover Road) for getting a ferry crossing. Secure, £5, 2 mins from pub serving meals. Looks like around 30 mins from tunnel terminal on Googlemap. You need to arrive by 1930hrs I think.

It is the nearest you get to an Aire in the UK.. plus a pub just across the street. They say on the council site height barrier but there is none.

Bob:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back