Stop Overs Near Santander Mid December 2016 (1 Viewer)

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
We are travelling over on the 16 December 2016 to Sanatander from Portsmouth and need somewhere near the port to stay (within 1 hour).

Motorhome is 26ft long and we will have a trailer which is approx 13ft long.

I have all the aires for portugal and spain and campercontact and acsi.

Any suggestions on somewhere within 1 hour of the port, i see on camper contact there is a site called "Area del Lago del Acebo, Cabarceno" which would be ideal but according to the app it closed on 1/10. Anybody stayed here past this date as i can understand the park being closed but wondered if the car park was still open?

Or anybody have any other locations that will take our setup? we are intending to head South West into Portugal and then down further South.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

Geejay

Free Member
Dec 25, 2011
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
The aire at Cabarceno is open all year. There are no gates. It would be perfect for your outfit - anytime we've been there was plenty room in the large car park beside the lake. The road in from the village is a bit narrow, but shouldn't be a problem. It'll be dark by the time you disembark.

There's also an aire at Santander Marina, which is even nearer, but I haven't been there. Maybe someone else can advise.

Reactions: f6c
Dec 22, 2013
Teesside
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt low profile
Exp
since 2011
Used the marina one its about 4 kilometers from ferry room for about 7 and 2 free electricity points, well they were earlier this year fresh water and sanitary.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Z

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
That's brilliant thanks for the quick replies. i will use the cabarceno as my first choice and put the others as backups. The one by vwalan would be useful if this one fell through.

Apr 23, 2015
berkshire
Funster No
MH
autocruise gleneagle
Exp
since 2005
Is Aldi in Santander town centre? Are there any other supermarkets on route from the port to Cabarceno does anyone know?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back