Free Member
Apr 19, 2014
Cannock Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hobby Premium
Exp
Always learning
Hiya wise ones:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: I shouldnt have done that:imoutahere: :winky: ... when we holiday in France we always go down to Folkstone a day earlier and stop in the Travel Lodge at Ashford on the Eureka Leisure Park ready for a early crossing to Calais, but as this is our first time over the water in our van i am wondering if there is anywhere to stop down that way overnight ? :thanks:

Nov 6, 2013
S. Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
The usual
Exp
Since the beginning
We stopped at the Black Horse Farm Caravan Club site. Not far from the Eurotunnel ... and more importantly, has a pub 200m up the road. :thumb:

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Hiya wise ones:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: I shouldnt have done that:imoutahere: :winky: ... when we holiday in France we always go down to Folkstone a day earlier and stop in the Travel Lodge at Ashford on the Eureka Leisure Park ready for a early crossing to Calais, but as this is our first time over the water in our van i am wondering if there is anywhere to stop down that way overnight ? :thanks:

Wouldn't bother stopping on this side, if you are on the tunnel , it's only twenty mins and you can stop on cite Europe car park for free just around the corner, saves you thirty quid and you are ready for off first thing next morning:thumb::thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi, we use the park and ride at New Dover Road Canterbury £3 for 24 hours, water / dump and toilets also includes the bus into the city, a pub just outside the gate, they lock the IN barrier at 20.30 hrs and unlock it at 06.00 but you can get out the OUT Barrier any time.

It a dedicated motorhome section before you enter the main car park, last week had 12 motorhomes, room for about 20 :winky: only 3 english and 2 of them funsters. :ROFLMAO: Bob.

Link : Link Removed

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years

For what it's worth, seeing that you are in staffs same as us , this is what we have found best from numerous trips. We book the tunnel for around 6 at night, then we don't have to get up early or anything , we start at about 10 in the morning , have a leisurely trip m1 m25 m20 hopefully missing rush hour, have a couple of stops , a bit of dinner , and with no problems get to tunnel 3 to 4 and usually get on an earlier train that should have been more money but if we are held up somewhere we still have plenty time to catch the right one, then when we get there we nearly always stop at gravelines for the night even if we are going the other way, love gravelines, nearly a local at the pmu:thumb:
But the cite Europe is ideal if you are late, literally just round the corner from the train, 5 mins.
Feel free to ignore this post but it's what suits us.

Apr 19, 2008
Kent coast Hythe
Funster No
MH
Rapido fiat based
Exp
brought first van 16 yrs ago
Folkestone stop 24 on M20 charges £20 after 2hrs stay, campsite the drum stanford on opposite side M20 expect you to have a meal then charge £10 last time. Tesco allow overnight 2 min from tunnel entrance but you need to inform duty manager/security.

drop down to Hythe, military road alongside canal, sainsbury supermarket shop pubs friendly people. 7 mins to tunnel.
or off jnc 11 nr stop 24 follow A20 road plenty of safe stops along this old main road.:thumb::thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back