Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Surely that's not legal anywhere?
... even Fred Flintstone wears trainers now! :D

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 13, 2016
Grays - Essex - UK
Funster No
MH
Mercedes Hymer B680
Exp
Been moho’ing for a time now
Anyone tried the mats that wrap around the electric step?

I think I've got them on our Hymer, on the double step when we got the MH, I was thinking of taking them off, cos the step don't shut fully !!!

skylinersi

Free Member
Nov 9, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
too many rules.. can't be arsed with all that fuss ..o_O

besides.. how do you train two dogs to wear slippers indoors ? :LOL:

your dogs dont wear slippers????, well, thats terrible:eek:

Storm123

Free Member
Mar 19, 2017
Manchester
Funster No
MH
Rv
Exp
Im anewbie
We have a mate on the step and a small plastic box just in the doorway and put shoes in that . Works a treat

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
I really can't understand all this taking carpets out, storing in lofts etc. Horses for courses I expect, but I didn't pay 10's of £1000's to put my carpets away so that I might get a few quid more when I sell on, or not get them dirty.

I brought my motorhome to be my home. I'm lucky as when they built my AT they put carpet across the entire floor and built on top of it. It might mean I can't lift them, nor do they slide about, but it's fantastic insulation and so much quieter than my friends AT who has those studded ones. Reduces rattles too. I do use some nice rugs, the ones they sell for caravans and motorhome, which come out, get beaten and hoovered.

No if mine do get dirty, like the time mum drops half a mug of tea on them, then I simply clean it with foam vanish and Hoover. Job done:)

I do drive barefoot, I find the accelerator and brake pedals quite close, so barefoot is best for me. If it's colder, I'll wear trainers:)

Nov 23, 2015
Newmarket,Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Benimar294
Exp
@PP Bear , I know what you're saying, but just got new motorhome and the carpet was too light (colour) and not the best of fits. So as someone suggested on here, I fitted carpet squares, It now looks a lot better and a darker colour. Horses for courses.

Mickey.

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
We too have the fitted ones and they are getting messy even with no dogs. We have rugs but they keep sliding about. I hate walking on lino at night.plus it's cold at night. Getting the hoover out is impossible with no electric and only a 300 watt inverter so on our knees every few days to sweep them. Well I say ours. ... His.
You might say you can run a hoover on a 300 watt inverter but we need the battery power for other things.

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
You cant run a vacuum cleaner capable of getting up collie hairs on a 300W inverter. Our Vax at home is 3KW and we have two of them in case the EU rules make them unavailable.

skylinersi

Free Member
Nov 9, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
i usually put clear polythene sheeting down, but this unsettles some people when i ask them to stand in the middle of it:whistle:

Nov 1, 2015
Norwich
Funster No
MH
RAPIDO 686F
Exp
We too have the fitted ones and they are getting messy even with no dogs. We have rugs but they keep sliding about. I hate walking on lino at night.plus it's cold at night. Getting the hoover out is impossible with no electric and only a 300 watt inverter so on our knees every few days to sweep them. Well I say ours. ... His.
You might say you can run a hoover on a 300 watt inverter but we need the battery power for other things.
Go and get some carpet squares from Homebase at Approximately £2 each lay them out like a carpet run and cut in so as to wedge them so no moving around. Ya a bit of a faff but we're had them down all last year and still great and keep your feet warm from that other floor covering. As I put earlier in the thread we did not put these down in last van and floor was a real mess very quickly and always cold.
Ray

Nov 23, 2015
Newmarket,Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Benimar294
Exp
@Raybreck , It must have been you who advised the carpet squares, I did go for the £3.99 ones, but hey, there's choice. I'm really pleased with it and just bought some carpet tape to stop a couple of them moving. :calig:

Mickey

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back