Stoneleigh Festival 23-25th August (1 Viewer)

L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
A HUGE thank you to Doug & Bar from us too.

We had a superb weekend, a great venue and great company, even the weather was good apart from a bit of rain on Saturday night.

Shame we had to leave on Sunday evening due to work commitments :RollEyes:

Can we do it again next year? :Smile:

Jul 27, 2007
West Yorks occasionally
Funster No
MH
Swift Bessacarr 560L
Exp
Since 2007
Hear hear!!

Just back from a fantastic meet - so much FUN and laughter.

Excellent show, lots to do and good to catch up with old friends, and to make new ones too.

As Linda said - can we do it again next year??!!

Thanks to Doug and Bar - great hosts :thumb:

Pete and Di

OP
OP
Thepips

Thepips

Trade Member
Sep 26, 2007
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
I'm delighted that everyone had a good time. As I've said before it's the people that make any meet a success and nothing else. I can't remember the last time I laughed so much, actually I can and it was on another Fun rally :ROFLMAO: Thank you all for making it so enjoyable!
We left Stoneleigh and drove the short distance to Hollyfast. The next day I took Barbara to the Bull Ring for a days shopping. Unfortunately I had a slight parking incident, DENT being the operative word here. :Blush: I was backing into a parking space when the throttle went wide open:Eeek: I bounced off one car before slamming into one driving into the space behind me:cry: Thank goodness no-one was hurt.
I've dropped the car off at the insurers preferred repair centre who think it might be write-off :Eeek::Eeek: I'm truly astonished, I covered less than the length of a parking space. Any way chatting with them, he said he'd never seen it himself but the throttle is electronic and has been known to misbehave. Oh well, just got to wait and see what the insurers say now.

Regards
Doug 'n Bar

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Thepips

Thepips

Trade Member
Sep 26, 2007
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Oh Doug - poor Muriel - and she's very new, isn't she??

Let's hope they can put her back together again.

Regards Di x
Thanks Di,
5 years old but we've only had her a few weeks. She's looking very second-hand now! Both rear wings, bumper, boot lid, passenger door and a light cluster will all need replacing. It's already touch and go as to whether she'll be written off. If the floor pan is damaged she'll definitely be written off.

Regards
Doug

camcondor

Free Member
Jul 27, 2007
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
Sorry to hear about Muriel, Doug, hope you hadn't invested in the A-Frame before this happened :Sad: Hope she's either repairable or Muriel 2 arrives soon for you.

Laurie:Eeek:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Thepips

Thepips

Trade Member
Sep 26, 2007
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Sorry to hear about Muriel, Doug, hope you hadn't invested in the A-Frame before this happened :Sad: Hope she's either repairable or Muriel 2 arrives soon for you.

Laurie:Eeek:

That's the one good thing. It happened on Wednesday and we were due to go to Towtal on Thursday. :thumb: I have to say they were brilliant. I rung them mid-afternoon Wednesday to explain what happened. They were very understanding which bodes well for when we do get a car converted.

Regards
Doug

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back