Oct 25, 2009
Ambleside & Bolton
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
since 2008
Link Removed

This poor fella had his pride and joy taken from Maidstone last night.
Left hand drive Rimor Superbrig 727

Make sure you have yours well secured, Alarm, wheel locks, etc etc.....

estcres

Free Member
Oct 9, 2007
Sunny Bournemouth
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2005
Stolen Motorhome, some advice

Just checked out the site you posted this on origonally, you commented about foreign plates when it was at the petrol station getting fuel.

Can you see the number?, if so, put it on here as there are many M/H owners in Europe and you may be lucky in getting a result, also the description and identyfing marks which you describe.

The more info you pass round the more chance of people seeing it.

Just realised, you only passed on this info, stupid me.

Last edited:
OP
OP
winterhill

winterhill

Free Member
Oct 25, 2009
Ambleside & Bolton
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
since 2008
Just checked out the site you posted this on origonally, you commented about foreign plates when it was at the petrol station getting fuel.

Can you see the number?, if so, put it on here as there are many M/H owners in Europe and you may be lucky in getting a result, also the description and identyfing marks which you describe.

The more info you pass round the more chance of people seeing it.
Link Removed Link Removed Link Removed

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
He seems to have put in a lot more detective work than the police have. Wouldn't hold much hope of seeing it again now :Sad:

OP
OP
winterhill

winterhill

Free Member
Oct 25, 2009
Ambleside & Bolton
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
since 2008
pictures off the van & Thief

Link Removed

Link Removed

Link Removed

Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

tonybrightspark

Free Member
Dec 31, 2009
Kent
Funster No
Got a brand new MH going on my drive in March not a million miles from this one.
It will have a Nemesis clamp, Disklok, and an alarm on the vehicle. As I am a CCTV engineer it will be monitored 24/7. Is this overkill or shall I get a tracker?

tonybrightspark

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Well put it like this Tony

1) That bloke has got CCTV pics of his van being filled up by the thief.

2) Last you heard an alarm going off how fast did you run down the road to see whose motor was 'alarmed' ?

3) it is a bit unlikely that someone will ALWAYS be at home..

Sooooo....... yes ! Get a tracker !! :thumb:

tonybrightspark

Free Member
Dec 31, 2009
Kent
Funster No
I suppose spending that much for some scumbag to relieve you of it, it must be a tracker.

tonybrightspark

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
There are an awful lot of options nowadays.. Some are a couple of pence a day to run and all work quite well :thumb:

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
Reading through the posts regarding the loss of the motorhome, there was this comment about trackers - so it seems that nothing is infallable :RollEyes:

icon1.gif
Re: STOLEN 04 superbrig!
Link Removed
Link Removed Link Removed

Quote:
Originally Posted by roo_12
Would have made no difference,these people are'nt chancers, this would have been well planned and out of the country by now. Even trackers don't stop em!!! Like the poor lad said foreign plates already on it. This was picked out specially,it was even a left hooker so ready for europe. Scary really, Bloody W@nkers!!

I had 2 lorries nicked last year, box with trackers on. We found the trackers in a layby about 10 mins for where they was nicked from - Outside the Merc garage!!!

Hope you get it back mate - or hopefully the insurance pays a decent amount
South Eastern Centre #107

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
How did they do it? Did they 'fish' the keys through the letter box with a hook and cane?
I would have expected that that model of chassis would have had basic interactivity between key and ignition i.e a chip in the key.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Dellwood said:
I had 2 lorries nicked last year, box with trackers on. We found the trackers in a layby about 10 mins for where they was nicked from - Outside the Merc garage!!!

Not being funny D W, but by the cringe they must have been amazingly well hidden ! Not !

Dunno who fitted them but I do hope the police investigated them as they would certainly be my first port of call !!!

Last edited:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Blimey I hope not ! Cos if they did it was almost certainly stolen too !! :Angry:

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
It says in one of his posts that they unfortunately paid for the fuel with cash :Sad:

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
The immobiliser / tracker that I chose for my motorhome has a function just for this senario. A message can be sent via SMS "Stop" this will not operate until the engine is turned off, say at a petrol station or a pee stop.

Once the engine is turned off, the unit sends a SMS message to my phone telling me where the motorhome is and brings in another additional immobiliser compelety seperate to anything else fitted on the vehicle.

So the thief comes back to the your stolen motorcaravan, uses the keys that he has already stolen ( I assume that is how they stole the motorhome in the first place) unlocks the door, atempts to start the motorhome and it will not start!

Now bearing in mind that he has just driven it "X" number of miles with no problem, he is unlikely to assume another immobiliser has been brought into play, and he is in a very public place, causing an obstruction and starting to feel very vunerable! He is also unable to call the RAC :winky:

A good piece of kit I think

Eddie

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Love the sound of that one Eddie.. Any chance of posting up details of costs and supplier ?

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Most excellent bit of kit..
I have a question relating to it but will start a new thread.. :Smile:

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
I seem to remember a mh theft being reported on this forum at the same time last year.

If my memory is correct it was a Burstner. The mh was on EHU at home at the time, the thieves just started her up an dragged the EHU out by driving away.

It was suggested then that the thieves would drive a short distance and leave the mh parked whilst they watched it from a car nearby. If after a while nobody turned up they knew it didnt have a tracker !!

Jim

minirobs

Free Member
Jan 25, 2010
Funster No
How did they do it? Did they 'fish' the keys through the letter box with a hook and cane?
I would have expected that that model of chassis would have had basic interactivity between key and ignition i.e a chip in the key.
yep your right chip in key and ive still got the only key in posession!
keys and motorhome were not even in same postcode and ive been absolutly everywhere i can think off to find it and contacted every council,camera firm even been to dover docks but nobody or no camera has seen it since the cctv at the garage. looks like it gone
keep your eyes peeled tho i wont give up yet
distinguising marks are alloys, monster energy stickers on bonnet and rear,fiamma locks on both garage doors and a union jack with lewis roberts written on driver and passenger doors.
thanks

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
yep your right chip in key and ive still got the only key in posession!

What happened to the other key then? It would have been supplied with two keys, with built in transponders

Could that be an avenue that you could explore to get it back?

Cheers

Eddie

minirobs

Free Member
Jan 25, 2010
Funster No
What happened to the other key then? It would have been supplied with two keys, with built in transponders

Cheers

Eddie
allready on that one..checked with mercedes this morning and police are checking if any other keys have been issued and to who..apparently only 3 keys can be 'live' at any one time
only got one when purchased motorhome in april..dont want to accuse anybody but.......

Sep 29, 2009
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
Roller Team
Exp
Since 2009
I have just taken a look at the vanbitz website out of curiosity, saw promotion on a reversing camera at £299. Bargain thought I and especially when I saw "free gift" underneath - Dometic Air Con unit at £1698.99 ::bigsmile:

I hope you get you Rimor back and soon.

mulaz

Free Member
Apr 14, 2009
Durham
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
3 years
anti tracker?

After reading the posts i thought i would look into trackers to fit to my van...
Did a search on ebay and found this !!!!anti-tracking car gps jammer blocker anti-tracker

Link Removed
So now even trackers can be blocked!!! :Angry:
Will have to do the old trick of pulling off the rotor arm..... oops hav'nt got one

minirobs

Free Member
Jan 25, 2010
Funster No

Cheers

Eddie

allready been to the main merc dealer in kent to find out if any other keys are allocated to the motorhome but they wont tell me unless i get written confirmation from the police even tho i'm the registered owner and i took my keys,logbook and insurance.
so the police are suspossidly looking into it now if they can can put there tea down!!!

minirobs

Free Member
Jan 25, 2010
Funster No
After reading the posts i thought i would look into trackers to fit to my van...
Did a search on ebay and found this !!!!anti-tracking car gps jammer blocker anti-tracker

Link Removed
So now even trackers can be blocked!!! :Angry:
Will have to do the old trick of pulling off the rotor arm..... oops hav'nt got one
how the hell can they be selling these????

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back