Stolen - Rimor Superbrig 699 Living (1 Viewer)

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
as I said yesterday

The lesson here is don't put too much info on the net.
probably got a face ache account that told the world he was going on holiday.

As I said yesterday in another post that motorhomelover started about trackers.. it is not wise to give away to much info as to the security you have on your motorhome.. it is all there for the world to see.. not just the other members of this site.. you can pick it up on google very fast these days.

But it was a condition of my insurance that I had certain security features fitted ... spent a lot of dosh... enough said.

Bob

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
Stolen

so sorry to hear of your misfortune.i know to us all our motorhomes are our pride and joy.i feel gutted for you:Sad:
i hope that it is either recovered or your insurance sort out things for you.GOOD LUCK.
regards brian jo and josh

Jun 15, 2010
glasgow
Funster No
MH
banger autotrail
Exp
tracker

:Smile:
with smart track they contact me if the vehicle moves when i am away
it is on gps so they can see where it is any where in Europe
they will phone me direct and also a second nominated person
you only get what you pay for

none of this bleep bleep tracker of the 1990s so that only shows within 100 meters by the police.

I did not mean any offense in my original post and i stand by what i have written
did smart track tell you how easy it is to find your tracker and dispose of it .the only way to keep your van safe up here where i live is to remove the engine.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Sorry to hear of the theft, it is doubtful it still has the same plates on it, but will keep an eye open for the reg.

Dec 28, 2011
Stokesley, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
JoaCamp75Q by Pilote
Exp
Still learning since 2010
A slightly different twist to the theft theme.

We keep our MH at our house and a friend of mine,who also has a MH, said he wouldn't park his at home.
Lets all the scum know when you are away. :helpsos: :Eeek:

Jul 28, 2010
The world
Funster No
MH
Small car
Exp
Nice sympathetic reply. Perhaps you should have given that advice before the theft. :Smile:
I give that advice to every one

if you have a motorhome and you value it get a good security system fitted
new systems can find stolen items with in hours or even minuet of the theft

i know my RV would be triggered as soon as the engine is started
before it has moved one inch.

no matter where it is in Europe

no dog to feed not dog poo to pick up! just a none seen none heared system that works when it is needed :thumb:

Jul 28, 2010
The world
Funster No
MH
Small car
Exp
A slightly different twist to the theft theme.

We keep our MH at our house and a friend of mine,who also has a MH, said he wouldn't park his at home.
Lets all the scum know when you are away. :helpsos: :Eeek:
you do put a flag out once the motor home leaves the address. not good if your away for a few weeks

might as well put a sign in the front window

help your self back in a few days

not a good idea

or is it another it wont happen to me
it is other people who get burgled and have their things stolen :Doh:

Jul 28, 2010
The world
Funster No
MH
Small car
Exp
:Smile:
did smart track tell you how easy it is to find your tracker and dispose of it .the only way to keep your van safe up here where i live is to remove the engine.

first they have to know there is a tracker fitted to look in the places where it may be fitted

by the time they have found it it has alrady reported to the systen there is a breakin
the system can listen in to whats being said /done in side the van so if they are stripping out the dash it will be heard and the police can be there in minuets
i can be there where i keep it in less than 3 minuets and would tackle the low life's with a pick axe handle

come on people do you really know how these up to date systems work??

the alarm that warns in the first place is a warning if it then detects a breach in any door it activates the main security
they are not a bodge job with a hooter horn and a switch
it is a real time GPS system that works on the mobile phone network
with speakers and microphone in stalled inside the van

>> shakes his head at some of the reply`s on here
can some many people be so stubborn to dish what they do not know about

Dec 28, 2011
Stokesley, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
JoaCamp75Q by Pilote
Exp
Still learning since 2010
you do put a flag out once the motor home leaves the address. not good if your away for a few weeks

might as well put a sign in the front window

help your self back in a few days

not a good idea

or is it another it wont happen to me
it is other people who get burgled and have their things stolen :Doh:

Our son is 25 and our daughter is 22 and they both live at home :shout: and don't travel with us, so there is usually some one here most of the time.
Biggest worry is the trashed house from the party they might have. :cry:

Can't win really.

Jul 28, 2010
The world
Funster No
MH
Small car
Exp
Our son is 25 and our daughter is 22 and they both live at home :shout: and don't travel with us, so there is usually some one here most of the time.
Biggest worry is the trashed house from the party they might have. :cry:

Can't win really.
every thing in life comes at a cost

as you say the up side can be worse than the down side

I have no such problem as i live alone and have time on my hands

Malcolm Bolt

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2011
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
old A class
Exp
since 2011
would tackle the low life's with a pick axe handle

If such a situation did arise you could of course be in court on a charge of GBH perhaps :Sad: and there's you just having told the world it was premeditated :Doh:. Maybe best loose the handle.

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
first they have to know there is a tracker fitted to look in the places where it may be fitted

by the time they have found it it has alrady reported to the systen there is a breakin
the system can listen in to whats being said /done in side the van so if they are stripping out the dash it will be heard and the police can be there in minuets
i can be there where i keep it in less than 3 minuets and would tackle the low life's with a pick axe handle

[HI]come on people do you really know how these up to date systems work[/HI]??

the alarm that warns in the first place is a warning if it then detects a breach in any door it activates the main security
they are not a bodge job with a hooter horn and a switch
[HI]it is a real time GPS system that works on the mobile phone network [/HI]
with speakers and microphone in stalled inside the van

>> shakes his head at some of the reply`s on here
can some many people be so stubborn to dish what they do not know about

So are you reliant on the mobile phone network? or do you have an independent GPS tracking system?......

We all know how reliable the mobile phone system is, and cell phone jammers are not hard to come by.

GPS Tracking is either GPS tracking or it is not, if it needs the mobile network to operate it is not an independent GPS system.

A full GPS satellite transmitter and satellite receiver will work anywhere.
If it does not have a full GPS transmitter and receiver bulit in, it is just a mobile phone system, relying on a mobile phone signal.

We know how good mobiles are especially on the move, ever tried making a phone call on a train, or in some parts of our towns and cities.........
:Eeek:

Last edited:

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
The poor fella comes on here to tell you about his motorhome being stolen and could you please look out for it and do not buy it if it looks like this and one of you in an obnoxious post tells him its his own fault for not doing this that and the other.It must be wonderful to be perfect!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back