STOLEN Peugeot Boxer. (1 Viewer)

Frank Shaw

Free Member
Apr 12, 2018
Funster No
Hello, I am new to this site but know from personal experience what a friendly and helpful lot Peugeot owners are.

I have owned my Peugeot Boxer 320 MWB for nearly 5 years Reg: M967UTV and know all owners politely let on to fellow owners on the road.

Yesterday, 11th April. I parked up my vehicle Reg: M967UTV on the Rainford Bypass, Rainford, Merseyside and took bus to St Helens. It wastaken between 2.30 to 5.30pm. I realise the number plate may have been changed by now but there may well be some features not altered yet.
I had a Rhino tube on N/S roof which ha been modified by cutting away one end to make it fit.
It has bike rack on back for two which has had strengthening plates added (alluminium) where rack is bolted on to body.
The wind out awning has cover missing on winding end. The 12v external O/S socket which takes sump pump to fill water tank, has cover missing. I have put a piece of polythene over it held in place with elastic band.
I had this vehicle up for sale on www,freeadds.co.uk and Gumtree. I have advised them of theft. Hopefully pictures are still on show on those sites.

If any member spots this vehicle could you contact POLICE.

Thanks for reading this thread.

Jan 26, 2017
Mid Suffolk.
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Inca
Exp
Eight Years and 28,000 Miles.
A picture would be handy, I have no Idea what a 320 MWB is or looks like.

OP
OP
F

Frank Shaw

Free Member
Apr 12, 2018
Funster No
Hi Les, thank's for quick response I will try to organise pictures. I had it advertised on Gumtree with I think 10 pictures it shoud still be up on site also on www.freeadds.co.uk again with pictures. Being new to this forum was not sure if I could pload pictures. Frank

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
Hello, I am new to this site but know from personal experience what a friendly and helpful lot Peugeot owners are.

I have owned my Peugeot Boxer 320 MWB for nearly 5 years Reg: M967UTV and know all owners politely let on to fellow owners on the road.

Yesterday, 11th April. I parked up my vehicle Reg: M967UTV on the Rainford Bypass, Rainford, Merseyside and took bus to St Helens. It wastaken between 2.30 to 5.30pm. I realise the number plate may have been changed by now but there may well be some features not altered yet.
I had a Rhino tube on N/S roof which ha been modified by cutting away one end to make it fit.
It has bike rack on back for two which has had strengthening plates added (alluminium) where rack is bolted on to body.
The wind out awning has cover missing on winding end. The 12v external O/S socket which takes sump pump to fill water tank, has cover missing. I have put a piece of polythene over it held in place with elastic band.
I had this vehicle up for sale on www,freeadds.co.uk and Gumtree. I have advised them of theft. Hopefully pictures are still on show on those sites.

If any member spots this vehicle could you contact POLICE.

Thanks for reading this thread.
Search all roads within a mile and a half of where you last saw it. It may have been parked up to establish if it has a tracker on it.

OP
OP
F

Frank Shaw

Free Member
Apr 12, 2018
Funster No
Thank's for reply. I spent two hours last night searching local area and out of sight places. I know many eyes looking out will be better than one pair. The vehicle had enough petrol to get it 40 to 50 miles from where it was stolen.
The police have already advised they never recovery approximately 40% of vehicles.
I have contacted as many forums related to campervans, asking them to keep an eye out for it.

OP
OP
F

Frank Shaw

Free Member
Apr 12, 2018
Funster No
Thank's for reply. I spent two hours last night searching local area and out of sight places. I know many eyes looking out will be better than one pair. The vehicle had enough petrol to get it 40 to 50 miles from where it was stolen.
The police have already advised they never recovery approximately 40% of vehicles.
I have contacted as many forums related to campervans, asking them to keep an eye out for it.

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
think this must be the one, so sad to hear it has been nicked, hope it all works out for you

https://www.gumtree.com/p/campervan...r-320-mwb.-auto-sleeper-executive./1292386365

$_86.JPG

OP
OP
F

Frank Shaw

Free Member
Apr 12, 2018
Funster No
Yes this picture is my motorhome. If you have looked at all the pictures you may have noticed the other faults mentioned. To add to that list are the following: A brand new exhaust has just been fitted. There are three National Trust window stickers on front nearside windscreen also in the tax disc holder there is a parking ticket from Rochefort en terre from last year.
The aerial which is the bendy type with a domed top. Has lost approximately half its length (5 inches). drivers side.
It also has a sat nav holder attached to the central air vent which is on the left of steering wheel.
I have to say Peugeot owners are living up to my expectations.

Thank you all.

OP
OP
F

Frank Shaw

Free Member
Apr 12, 2018
Funster No
Hello again David, I just realised you have put a link to pictures. As you may have gathered I am not
brilliant on the internet. So thank you for that.

OP
OP
F

Frank Shaw

Free Member
Apr 12, 2018
Funster No
Thank you Big Map and Podney, for your support . I do not have a Facebook or Twitter account. I am out of my depth and uncomfortable using these sites. Especially after listening to news lately.

OP
OP
F

Frank Shaw

Free Member
Apr 12, 2018
Funster No
Thank's Intokenny, yes that will be the problem if recovered as I have all the keys so expect wiring system to have been damaged at the very least. It is heartening to get responses as it means people will be looking out for vehicle.

grumps147

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
St.Helens
Funster No
MH
Between
Exp
MH 12 yrs -Tent/Caravan 49 years
Ask police can they check the images from the traffic cctv camera covering the junction of the A570/A580, especially if you were parked up near Windle traffic lights. I/d of offenders may not be possible, but if they came in a vehicle every bit of intelligence helps. You may not have spoken to local officers familiar with the area, Merseyside has just put its response teams for that area based out of Kirkby, not St.Helens.
That camera was put there to monitor traffic on the Rainford side because of problems with dangerous driving after they redesigned the road and made it ‘safer’.

OP
OP
F

Frank Shaw

Free Member
Apr 12, 2018
Funster No
Hello Grumps, that is brilliant information and I will get on to it tomorrow. You are right about not speaking to local officer as PC on other end of phone had to look up area I assume google maps?. Again Thank's.

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
Thank you Big Map and Podney, for your support . I do not have a Facebook or Twitter account. I am out of my depth and uncomfortable using these sites. Especially after listening to news lately.
Do you want me to put it on Facebook and twitter for you? #toohottohandle.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Good luck getting it back.

OP
OP
F

Frank Shaw

Free Member
Apr 12, 2018
Funster No
WOW!, thank you so much for the offer of putting up on Twitter and Facebook.
Yes please not sure what would happen and how I would know if any replies come back.

OP
OP
F

Frank Shaw

Free Member
Apr 12, 2018
Funster No
Thank's Chris, I can't believe the response and offers of help and good wishes.

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
WOW!, thank you so much for the offer of putting up on Twitter and Facebook.
Yes please not sure what would happen and how I would know if any replies come back.
I have flooded Facebook I will keep you posted of any developments via here.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back