Stolen motorhomes (1 Viewer)

Colino

Free Member
Jan 19, 2021
Funster No
MH
Hobby T65HFL
I see there are many different categories on this forum and after a few weeks I'm still finding my way through them.
On a fb group im in, someone has had their motorhome stolen.
I was wondering if there is a stolen motorhome section anywhere on this forum where motorhomers can ask other motorhomers to look out for their stolen motorhomes. Especially as there are a lot of members on this forum đź‘€
Its something that could benefit anyone of us.
Just a thought 🤔

Aug 4, 2019
North East Riviera
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Enough to Survive
I see there are many different categories on this forum and after a few weeks I'm still finding my way through them.
On a fb group im in, someone has had their motorhome stolen.
I was wondering if there is a stolen motorhome section anywhere on this forum where motorhomers can ask other motorhomers to look out for their stolen motorhomes. Especially as there are a lot of members on this forum đź‘€
Its something that could benefit anyone of us.
Just a thought 🤔
The best person to ask is Jim, I’m sure he’ll act upon the majority members views.

Jim Your thoughts?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Colino

Colino

Free Member
Jan 19, 2021
Funster No
MH
Hobby T65HFL
To be honest I am not sure I would want it back after it’s been stolen.
Not to sure i would either. But many people get very attached to their mh's. And if you can catch them early enough then maybe .

Upvote 1
Aug 4, 2019
North East Riviera
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Enough to Survive
I’m sure some people would like an early recovery......some people can’t afford to top up the measly insurance payout to replace their van.

Not everyone has a new van, some people have old vans which won’t give much of an insurance payout, have spent all their disposable income to make the purchase and may struggle to replace it. Recovery might be their only option/hope.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
I’m sure some people would like an early recovery......some people can’t afford to top up the measly insurance payout to replace their van.

Not everyone has a new van, some people have old vans which won’t give much of a payout and have spent all their disposable income to make the purchase and may struggle to replace it. Recovery might be their only option/hope.
The measly pay out might be better than putting it right after it comes back.

Upvote 0

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
There are always people sharing motor homes that have been stolen on face ache they get shared a lot through different groups

Upvote 0
Aug 31, 2014
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
4th year
We were very lucky to get ours back within 1 hour, only because it had a tracker fitted. They tend to get stolen then left somewhere to be picked up at a later date probably to see if there is a tracker fitted.
after That experience we went straight to vanbitz to get a growler fitted

Upvote 0
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Interesting, in my 8 years on here now I don’t recall a single theft of a members MH

are we really all much luckier or more careful 🤔

I certainly agree they are on FB every day

edit - just seen one above :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
I am not sure I would buy another if it was stolen off of the drive, as they would probably only come back and pinch the next one. Much like some houses suffering repeated burglary. The niece never replaced theirs as they felt they would be targeted again.

Upvote 0

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Interesting, in my 8 years on here now I don’t recall a single theft of a members MH

are we really all much luckier or more careful 🤔

I certainly agree they are on FB every day

edit - just seen one above :rolleyes:
Dave & Polly toledo had their motorhome stolen when it was all packed ready to go a few years ago.

Upvote 0
Aug 20, 2020
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Lunar Home Car P59
Exp
I'm a newbie
Just saw this

I think they'd want this one back , a sad tale

Screenshot_20210522-225154_Facebook.jpg

Upvote 0
Apr 21, 2008
bedford
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I have the Vanbitz kit, the only thing missing is. a squirt of brick acid into the thief’s nuts
That would stop them breeding more thieving scum

Upvote 1

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
I am not sure I would buy another if it was stolen off of the drive, as they would probably only come back and pinch the next one. Much like some houses suffering repeated burglary. The niece never replaced theirs as they felt they would be targeted again.

House nearby had their MH pinched, replaced MH pinched a few weeks later.
First MH sat on rear driveway, second one sat on front driveway, no MH there at all now So they’ve either given up or store one somewhere. I would think after two being nicked the Insurance would be too high!

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back