Free Member
Feb 8, 2015
Wirral, North West England
Funster No
MH
B Class
Exp
I'm a newbie
I have just had a bang on the back door when I went out I found a 'Gentleman' who said he was just over from Tipperary and had some wonderful bargains for my business in his van (A top range Discovery) Various generators and Chinese chainsaws etc All for bargain prices.??????????????
However when I went out to him he was looking at my Motorhome parked out the back.. He is one of the 'Itinerants' from the group mentioned earlier parked up and I was wondering if he was checking on mine to join them. I think I will be disconnecting the starter motor in a minute, and further disabling it. along with ALL my quads and woodland equipment which luckily he didn't see.
I do not like it when they are around here too much happens. This man told me he had just sold four gennies to a man who was known to me , so I rang and he hadn't this is the story he also told that person..

Lets hope he doesn't read this post too or he'll be back for the quads & woodland gear as well as your MH :mad:

Trouble is they seem to be outside the law, there's no deterrent, and virtually no police on our streets anymore. We all have to look after ourselves and our belongings. Good luck with protecting yours (y)

Antony

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
and on mine. and of course its age.
owing to a sorteg of part for older motor homes like ours they are wother a lot moor broken up than sold complete a engine 2.5td £1500/2000

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
The travellers are doing us peace-loving types a favour by nicking all those horrible generators!:)

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
The travellers are doing us peace-loving types a favour by nicking all those horrible generators!:)
The ones he tried flogging me was brand new 5.6kva made in China jobbie but he kept saying Honda and Stihl Must think I am stupid I work with both those makes and his price was not cheap at all about 50% more than ebay. I was still wondering about the registration numbers and there is an Irish vehicle check site, and it might be worth me looking on it with a list on numbers and types.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
I was still wondering about the registration numbers and there is an Irish vehicle check site, and it might be worth me looking on it with a list on numbers and types.
Go for it, if it doesn't compromise your identity. Many of us would be eager to know the results, without divulging any details. ;)

Cheers,

Jock.

Fatwheels

Free Member
Apr 24, 2015
Sittingbourne
Funster No
MH
Auto trail scout
Exp
I'm a newbie
I will be driving right past them Friday when I go to the burger van in Bq car park I might be able to get some numbers if they r still there

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
I will be driving right past them Friday when I go to the burger van in Bq car park I might be able to get some numbers if they r still there
They have moved/been moved from there now

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back