Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
IMG_0710.JPG

Please everyone, keep a look out for this Mobile Home stolen from outside my landlady's house (Southwick / Shoreham area) last night (27th - 28th Feb). Please contact Sussex Police with any information.

Reposted from Facebook

OP
OP
big map

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
@DiggerJon also taken from Facebook
PLEASE anyone with a Mk7 Transit. Replace the door lock with a different kind. The original Ford lock can be picked with a special thieves tool in seconds. They then set a code on a special plug on the diagnostics socket under the dash to start engine and away in a flash. Fit this lock to prevent them getting in and also prevent getting the code!!!!!!! http://www.garrisonlocks.co.uk/transit-new-shape-for-tra...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 25, 2013
Dorchester, Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
Sad former owner
Exp
Since 1991
PLEASE anyone with a Mk7 Transit. Replace the door lock with a different kind. The original Ford lock can be picked with a special thieves tool in seconds. They then set a code on a special plug on the diagnostics socket under the dash to start engine and away in a flash. Fit this lock to prevent them getting in and also prevent getting the code!!!!!!! http://www.garrisonlocks.co.uk/transit-new-shape-for-tra...
Many thanks for link. My van is 2010 model and may need a different lock.

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Don't have a Ford front end myself but of all the things I could buy, bolt on,modify or spend any money on if I did, it would be a change of entry locks and a security system across the diagnostics port.
I can see Insurance Companies either insisting on it or loading the Policy for owners of Transits.

faraway

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2016
Kent
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 10
Exp
Getting better
Did it have alarm/immobiliser/tracker/non-start etc? If these were fitted would it still require a different door lock? I'm assuming you mean cab door not habitation?

Feb 16, 2017
Southampton
Funster No
MH
AT tracker 2002
Exp
On n off fer years
Is the van LHD ? I notice the door and awning on the right. If so it could be on foreign plates and in the queue at newhaven or Dover already. Hope not

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
A lot still reamain on the 'offside ' even when rhd is specified the hab door etc; doesn't change

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
My hab door and awning are on the right hand side. The van is right hand drive but it is a Chausson. French Moho on Fiat, Italian running gear. Poor thing doesn't know which way round it should be.

Feb 16, 2017
Southampton
Funster No
MH
AT tracker 2002
Exp
On n off fer years
When we were in Alicante a gang of morrocans were coming off the ferry as foot passengers with number plates in their bags stealing old diesel Mercs and driving them onto the ferry back. They were caught eventually estimated 20 or 30 cars

WhiteCheyenneMan

Free Member
Sep 29, 2011
TN30, Nr Tenterden
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2011

I have a high security steering wheel lock, a wheel clamp and a retro-fitted Scorpion alarm system on my 2009 Transit but, watching Youtube videos of how easy it is to pick the door lock, I guess an under ÂŁ100 lock replacement that I can do myself in a few minutes would be a worthwhile investment. The correct link for my Transit is http://www.garrisonlocks.co.uk/van-locks-and-security-products/transit-pre-2013-for-tra-hyk-pre2013

So, Question 1: watching this video (which is very entertaining in itself :LOL: ) , what does he remove at 2mins 20secs and is he just prising something out from behind the lock?

Question 2: When it says on the Garrison site, "Can be used with existing central locking" and "This is suitable for the 2000 - 2014 Old shape Transit with the blue top remote" does this really mean that the new lock will release automatically when I use the remote on my Key Fob?

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Anyone, especially with a Ford ensure that if you have had an alarm fitted, that the dealer, to save time and costs hasn't simply plugged your alarm into the On Board Diagnostic Ports (OBDP)

Not only is this removable in seconds, plugged in into the port that the thieves will use to plug their electronics into, it is likely to be left unplugged by a Ford dealer after they have plugged their diagnostics tool, which of course is what it is for.

A good way of telling is if your alarm turns on and off with your original ignition key, your system will be electronically shut down if the system is electronically attacked.

20170301_130435[1].jpg

This is an example of one recently removed.

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
I have a high security steering wheel lock, a wheel clamp and a retro-fitted Scorpion alarm system on my 2009 Transit but, watching Youtube videos of how easy it is to pick the door lock, I guess an under ÂŁ100 lock replacement that I can do myself in a few minutes would be a worthwhile investment. The correct link for my Transit is http://www.garrisonlocks.co.uk/van-locks-and-security-products/transit-pre-2013-for-tra-hyk-pre2013

So, Question 1: watching this video (which is very entertaining in itself :LOL: ) , what does he remove at 2mins 20secs and is he just prising something out from behind the lock?

Question 2: When it says on the Garrison site, "Can be used with existing central locking" and "This is suitable for the 2000 - 2014 Old shape Transit with the blue top remote" does this really mean that the new lock will release automatically when I use the remote on my Key Fob?

i got the same lock fitted to my transit van fitted by me in about 20 mins,the part he pulls off is a plate that holds the lock in place,and yes the central locking does open the doorlock as it normaly does(y)

OP
OP
big map

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
We had one of our work vans broken into at the beginning of last month. This was on a Transit first registered 1st October 2016.

Transit door lock.JPG

Nov 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 669
Exp
Since April 2013
Here we go again, if you want to keep it on the drive the invest in a large Rising Post in front of it!!!!

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
Pi**ys again I should think They are getting a taste for Chaussons, Easy to get into and then around the corner and a set of Paddy plates on it and it is camera proof for the rest of the country until it get to Eire but no doubt in the UK on these plates , one legal vehicle with documents, and five more of family and Friends with the same number on. Marvelous things cloned plates.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Pi**ys again I should think They are getting a taste for Chaussons, Easy to get into and then around the corner and a set of Paddy plates on it and it is camera proof for the rest of the country until it get to Eire but no doubt in the UK on these plates , one legal vehicle with documents, and five more of family and Friends with the same number on. Marvelous things cloned plates.
Exactly.

Feb 4, 2016
West Sussex, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B680 Starline
Exp
Long term a few years now.
Ford based mh more than converters id say ?

Nov 6, 2012
Guildford
Funster No
MH
3litre Bessacarr 765
Exp
Restarted 2012
Brian Shaw's Roller Team reg No C15 BAS stolen from his drive yesterday . Yes, another Ford based vehicle!

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
Nothing at all to indicate travellers and much more likely to be organised theives exploiting a common weakness in order to strip these transits down for parts. Motorhomes are good targets because they are often low mileage and well maintained. They may be parked up to check for tracker but more likely broken down within a few hours on an industrial estate. Same thing happens with hgvs and the speed they can dismantle them is amazing.

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Security wise, that fist pic; is a cracker, It`s even parked facing the road, Paddy the Itinerant did not even have to find reverse gear!. The only thing that would have stopped that being nicked would have been a post in front of it. At least cutting that off would have made a right racket!.

I would take bets it will, if ever, be found with all the running gear removed, Second hand Engine/Gearbox etc; are at premium for getting "white van man`s" Transits back on the road and Earning!.

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Is the van LHD ? I notice the door and awning on the right. If so it could be on foreign plates and in the queue at newhaven or Dover already. Hope not
It's a right hand drive. I've learned that if the wipers lay down on the passenger seat windscreen it's a right hand drive. It's reversed for a LHD.

WhiteCheyenneMan

Free Member
Sep 29, 2011
TN30, Nr Tenterden
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2011
i got the same lock fitted to my transit van fitted by me in about 20 mins,the part he pulls off is a plate that holds the lock in place,and yes the central locking does open the doorlock as it normaly does(y)

Well it took me quite a bit longer than 20mins in the end :rolleyes: I didn't allow for removing the bottom of the Remis Blinds and had difficulty unplugging the windows etc. from the inside of the door panel. The hardest part was depressing the little button on the lock with a long enough screwdriver, whilst holding a torch in the same hand and twisting the key, then lock on the outside. I find swinging upside down from chandeliers much easier :giggle: But it's done and what's more, it works! Hopefully the very sight of it will deter thieves and they'll move on to a MH owned by a subscriber to a different forum :LOL: It even unlocks the passenger door on the key, whereas the remote does not. Tomorrow will be easier, playing with cup hooks and bungees in the garage :D

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
Well it took me quite a bit longer than 20mins in the end :rolleyes: I didn't allow for removing the bottom of the Remis Blinds and had difficulty unplugging the windows etc. from the inside of the door panel. The hardest part was depressing the little button on the lock with a long enough screwdriver, whilst holding a torch in the same hand and twisting the key, then lock on the outside. I find swinging upside down from chandeliers much easier :giggle: But it's done and what's more, it works! Hopefully the very sight of it will deter thieves and they'll move on to a MH owned by a subscriber to a different forum :LOL: It even unlocks the passenger door on the key, whereas the remote does not. Tomorrow will be easier, playing with cup hooks and bungees in the garage :D
now you have fitted it be sure to lock your van,not like me yesterday,got up this morning and could not find my van keys,so goes out to the van retraceing my steps to see if i dropped them, but no there they are in the ignition where i left them yesterday when i parked the van up :doh::laughing:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back