Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
A fiat... !!!
Anything can be stolen but when you see motorhome stolen posts most are Ford based...

:(:(

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Quite glad its a fiat (but still sorry for the owners and sad anyone gets stolen). As a ford owner it gets a bit repetitive when the old its a ford again comments come out. Having hired a pegeot van last week to move some stuff and seen the quality of the switchgear and gearchange I can see why people steal fords instead!!

Phantomphixer

Free Member
Jul 6, 2018
Funster No
It doesn't really make a bit of difference what manufacturer or model it is, someone has lost there pride and joy.
Personally if I caught 'em id cut there flipping hands off!
We need to carry half a dozen of these.......
1619449-633501lg.jpg

Oct 2, 2008
Salopia
Funster No
MH
Duro 6x6 Overlander
Exp
since 1968
There seems to be a shift of target to Mohos instead of just caravans
same fraternity responsible tho ! They had my caravan a few years back , dont think they will be trying to nick the RV tho :D2:cool:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
It would be interesting to know what percentage of stolen motorhomes have been from houses with dogs. Not that all gogs are very good at alerting owners, but if the thieves have cased the place and see a dog they will not know how good a guard dog it is, so maybe move on somewhere else.

Geoff

Phantomphixer

Free Member
Jul 6, 2018
Funster No
There seems to be a shift of target to Mohos instead of just caravans
same fraternity responsible tho ! They had my caravan a few years back , dont think they will be trying to nick the RV tho :D2:cool:
Yes I can remember a few years ago, the toerags raided a caravan dealer not so far away. It was found after the event that they had wrapped chains around the A frames and dragged them off behind lorries. We just all have to do our best to be on our guards and keep them as secure as we can within the bounds of sensibility.

Phantomphixer

Free Member
Jul 6, 2018
Funster No
It would be interesting to know what percentage of stolen motorhomes have been from houses with dogs. Not that all gogs are very good at alerting owners, but if the thieves have cased the place and see a dog they will not know how good a guard dog it is, so maybe move on somewhere else.

Geoff
There was a system that simulated a dog being in the van once, have not seen it for a while, obviously it triggered barking but this system was cleverer than that it also triggered a device that bumped around giving the appearance the dog was in the van....
Dogs are always a good deterrent as they just don't know what they are going to confront if they break in!

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Why won't a link go direct to the Amazon sales page? Just keeps defaulting to the Amazon home page.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Ive got Tyson as my alarm sound

-