LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Have been stuck indoors for a week now ( apart from runs to the post office daily and a couple of runs on the bikes )..
I REALLY need to get out in the van for a weekend..
Absolutely No chance though..
Woman has got man flu ( ohhhh revenge is so sweet ! ) and I still have not managed to clear enough snow from around the van to crawl around under it and fit the new air suspension.

Been out on the dirt bike a couple of times and a trip up to the coast on the 1200GS ( BMW ) but I NEED to get out in the van !!!!!

How the heck do others get by without a regular fix ??

Autoquest

Free Member
Oct 13, 2008
Small EU backwater
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2007
Boring as hell ain't it :shout: I hate winter, dark evenings, dark mornings, can't walk anywhere, stuck behind people driving in a hint of snow at 10 mph, driving behind Ford Ka's in snowdrift conditions, broken down boilers, :Angry: everything about winter is miserable :Sad:

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Have been stuck indoors for a week now ( apart from runs to the post office daily and a couple of runs on the bikes )..
I REALLY need to get out in the van for a weekend..
Absolutely No chance though..
Woman has got man flu ( ohhhh revenge is so sweet ! ) and I still have not managed to clear enough snow from around the van to crawl around under it and fit the new air suspension.

Been out on the dirt bike a couple of times and a trip up to the coast on the 1200GS ( BMW ) but I NEED to get out in the van !!!!!

I've been working under the van all last weekend.Boy that awning comes in handy if it rains.::bigsmile:

Been sorting out some rogue wiring and replacing bits.

Know what you mean though.Rather be out in it than working on it.

That reminds me. Fit new lpg tank next for the habitation ...::bigsmile:

B++++y snowing again here this morning.Looks like I'm gonna get rather cold again.

Those snowball fights ...and snowmen building excursions break up the monotony a bit

Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Here in Norfolk there were only a few of days of REAL cold.. The snow keeps snowing but, apart from the odd pile, has been turning to wet mush ..
Not sure what is worse to be honest !!
I know my crocs keep leaking ::bigsmile: If it carries on much longer I am gonna either have to use some proper footwear or get some powder for the potential trench foot I am likely to be suffering !!

I think if the van was off road I would be inclined to clear it all away and dive under there, but as it is on the road ( albeit on a concrete pad designated a parking area that actually has nothing BUT motorhomes on it ! ) I am reluctant to start clearing............

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
We don't we just survive.
To old now to enjoy the snow, can't find another OAP who wants a snowball fight.

Dave:thumb::thumb:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007

Bad here.

Walk a mile to the shops is the only option on this hill.

Thank goodness for FUN.

plasma

Free Member
Jan 20, 2009
Wirral
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 years
This weather is a nuisance, like you we are very keen bikers, and have'nt been able to use them because of the ice for several weeks, the same with the motorhome. Global warming, what globel warming!!!!!!!

Plasma

geoff587

Free Member
Feb 13, 2009
Doncaster
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp

I f i could have got out on my bike I would have had a regular fix. Respect :thumb:

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Welllllll.. it has not been anywhere near as bad here as other places to be fair :Smile:

Still a fair amount of slush and snow about but when you get a bit of a beat on down a green lane you soon raise a sweat !

froghopper

Free Member
Nov 29, 2009
winchester
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
before they were invented
stuck in

well i dont want to go in motor home, i dont want to get out and walk i dont want to meet or talk to lots of people and i dont want to have to wave to happy motorhomers heading somewhere i dont need to check van or ride bike, i dont want to get off this chair,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, oh yes,,, forgot,, ONE THING I REALY WANT TO DO,,,,,,,,
STOP TELLING LIES AND LIVE AGAIN,,,, I NEED MY M/H FIX,, could so easily go mad,,,, ANOTHER LIE,,, AM MAD. well talking to you crazy lot,,, and thank goodness i can,,, thanks everybody,, see you on the road soon,,, good luck and travel well,,:cry::cry::Blush::Blush::ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Ahhh Froggy.. I think I know the word you are looking for here.. I often use it in fact.

WIBBLE...

bill2b

Free Member
Oct 21, 2009
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
Yesterday evening We got back from 2 days in North Norfolk, left straight from work Thursday and stayed on a Beach carpark. We were the only ones there "Surprise, surprise" :roflmto:. It was brilliant. Definately glad to be in a 4 ton van though the wind was very strong!
Next day we went to a CL in Holt, 6 inches of snow on the field managed to locate where we could reach water and electrics and from then on had a ball.
Next day Mr Cooper kindly got his old tractor out and tugged us off :Blush:
Would not take any money for it so we had to force a tenner into his hand, what a top bloke.
He did tell us that the beach carpark where we stayed the previous night has been known to flood on high tides :Eeek::Eeek:
What have we learnt?
The garden track things are not up to our vans weight.
The cut down bread boxes do a good job.
and finally dont listen to the doom and gloom from the media :roflmto::roflmto:

froghopper

Free Member
Nov 29, 2009
winchester
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
i agrreeee

if car park had flooded, you could say van had a full wash over, and in side as well as out, so nice and clean ready for summer,,, this cold realy has got to me,,,, wot was that word i was looking for,,,,, oh yes,,, that one :thumb::thumb::thumb::ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Been right through all the sci-fi stuff I have ( that is worth reading a 2nd time ! ).
I then started working my through the entire works of Terry Pratchett ( got em all, from the Carpet People on.. even the odd little pamphlet thing he produced with some unknown all about hunting birds ) when Woman walked in and gave me his new offering.

So yep, now reading that but would MUCH rather be reading it in the van on a site far far away !! :p

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
So far so good ( but have never ever been let down by anything he has written Link Removed

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
This weather is a nuisance, like you we are very keen bikers, and have'nt been able to use them because of the ice for several weeks, the same with the motorhome. Global warming, what globel warming!!!!!!!

Plasma

Simple Guys...

Just need to fit the right tyres.:Cool::thumb:

Link Removed

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Just how cool is THAT !!
Watched normal ( !! Is there such a thing ! ) ice racing and it is fantastic.. Racing as in the pic would be bloody amazing three times over !

froghopper

Free Member
Nov 29, 2009
winchester
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
going to try it in morning

well, that looks good, have a nice yamaha t d m 850,,will try it with that on m 3, will leave panniers on, then if it goes a bit wrong i can use them as a sledge,, new somthing would get me out of my chair, after all been sat here since boxing day,,:Doh::Doh::Doh:

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Jaws - please don't let on anything re new Pratchett - Santa brought it and I did read the first chapter, but am now saving it for savouring later in t' van!

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Sooo,, a TeDiuM then !! Actually, there are a few of them racing in the twins series now .. Not too surprising as, if I remember rightly, they use the same 5 valve per cylinder technology as can be found in their real quick sport bike range ( loved the YZF750r -SP I had.. made an average rider like me look good and was the first bike I wore away a set of knee sliders on !! )

Sedge.. Have no fear, I shall mention nary a word good sire ( other than to say Mr Nobbs is not related to Corp. Nobby Nobbs.. but that has absolutely nothing what so ever to do with the plot so not a problem ::bigsmile: )

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
( loved the YZF750r

When I got the "born again" bug by hiring an XT250 in Rhodes I bought an FZ750 in red Yamaha racing colours ( it was the demo bike of the dealer who had it painted to go pose at the TT ).

Now the last bike I rode for real was probably a Speed Twin twenty odd years before so it was an enlightening experience. I could not believe what happened when I twisted the throttle. The engine was just a turbine. Only problem was brakes seizing due to salt. It took us on our first continental trip to Le Mans then our first trip to Maggiore where we were immediately christened The Mad English by the hotel owner. A never to be forgotten bike. I never got to see those 5 valves because it was totally reliable.

allie sommerville

Free Member
Dec 30, 2009
Isle of Wight
Funster No
MH
conversion
Exp
Been right through all the sci-fi stuff I have ( that is worth reading a 2nd time ! ).
I then started working my through the entire works of Terry Pratchett ( got em all, from the Carpet People on.. even the odd little pamphlet thing he produced with some unknown all about hunting birds ) when Woman walked in and gave me his new offering.

So yep, now reading that but would MUCH rather be reading it in the van on a site far far away !! :p

Doh! :Doh:
I thought you were talking about MY book :Blush:

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Sorry sir :Smile:
If you would like to send me a copy I would love to read it though :Eeek: :roflmto:

Spacerunner

Free Member
Apr 7, 2008
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
C'mon ya wimps.

We've been away since Dec 23rd and having a ball!

We've learnt that ya waste tank can freeze up and that the local pub give 20% off all meals!

The weather has been glorious, sunny, dry and ecstactically cold.

Go for a bracing walk, do a few slides for nostalgia's sake. Back to the van for breakfast and warm up. Swear at the telly and up to the pub in the evening.

What more could an OAP want?

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Woman is starting to feel a bit better...
We MAY be able to go away for a weekend shortly !!
Wahoo !!!!!!!!!!!!

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
C'mon ya wimps.

We've been away since Dec 23rd and having a ball!

We've learnt that ya waste tank can freeze up and that the local pub give 20% off all meals!

The weather has been glorious, sunny, dry and ecstactically cold.

Go for a bracing walk, do a few slides for nostalgia's sake. Back to the van for breakfast and warm up. Swear at the telly and up to the pub in the evening.

What more could an OAP want?

what more could anyone want ?????:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back