Free Member
Jul 25, 2013
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Esterel
Exp
A few years
Hi Emmenay, Over the years I have been burgled about 8 times, twice at home three times in holland, had my passport stolen in Greece and twice in London. I have overcome all situations, not saying it was easy but they are not life threatening, Please don't think I'm being flippant as I know how it affected my daughter, I've been lucky (ha) as not lost any think like heirlooms or sentimental property. Good luck
Dave
Oh and a car and my favourite motorbike :cry:

Vlad The Impaler

Free Member
Apr 22, 2012
Rutland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012 but longer in my dreams
We have had 2 attempted break ins both when wild camping.
The best alarm we carry is our dog a very small placid type,however when someone passes close to the van he lets us know!
On both occasions he let us know he wasn't happy however it wasn't UNTILL we drove off the next morning that I realised the rear locker was undone and flapping ,although nothing was taken!
The thief must have heard a growl and scarpered ,thank god we had a dog and not an all singing and dancing alarm which would have scared the shit out of us,and those all around us within a five mile radius :Doh:
Sometimes the simple things are the best!

Vlad

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
I still think the lion in the garage is a good thing to have:RollEyes:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
What do you guys think about a peep hole glass in the back wall similar to a house front door so that I can satisfy myself that nobody is there and hopefully get some sleep?

I thought about you today, we had a hole drilled through our ceiling for alarm cables, the fitter used an 'enderscope' I thinks that's what he called it anyway, it does look like it could double up in some medical use :Eeek:, he wanted to look for pipes / cable etc before drilling right through

A small battery powered camera on the end of a flexible arm about 500mm long, the hand help bit had a screen with a view of the lit (optional) area the end could see

A great piece of kit he bought from Aldi for about £60, you could maybe poke it out of a side bedroom window point it towards the trailer and only switch on if needed, effectively a peephole without the drilling. Powered by 2x AA he has not changed batteries yet. I guess no real difference apart from size (about 10mm dia) to a rear view camera, it was just that the end made me think of this post when I saw it

David

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
thinking about this, it would be dark outside, so how are you going to see whats going on without lights on?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back