still having issues with the site (1 Viewer)

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
I can get on ok in the mornings.. reasonably fast. I can access any number of sites.... I use atari, firefox and also chrome.

As the day goes on the MHF site loads more slowly and in the end I cannot get on.... all the other sites remain the same speed all day long.

I clear my history and cache every day.

I use a Apple MacBook Pro.

Only thing different is I used a midi at Malvern and it has not been the same since.

any idea's?????

Bob

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I've come across this before, I think it's called the carping virus. It monitors all the words a computer produces, it counts the negatives and starts slowing everything down when a threshold is reached. Try posting happy positive stuff without a single negative and see if it fixes it. :Smile: :winky:

steveclecy

Free Member
Jun 10, 2009
Wirral
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since June 2009
Does this apply to all sites? One of the issues to do with slowing of connection is called "contention". ISP's share connections with a number of users - typically 40 - 50 on the basis that not all will be on the internet at the same time. . Which may well be the case during the day, but of course evening time is a peak time. With more and more people streaming TV and films over the internet this congestion will be getting worse. May I suggest you contact your ISP and let them know you are unhappy with this if that is the case?

Steve

motor roamin

Funster
May 23, 2010
Leicester
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 mins
I've come across this before, I think it's called the carping virus. It monitors all the words a computer produces, it counts the negatives and starts slowing everything down when a threshold is reached. Try posting happy positive stuff without a single negative and see if it fixes it. :Smile: :winky:

Hap hap hap happy thoughts.......as the song says

All the best Rick

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
no not all sites - just MHF

Does this apply to all sites? One of the issues to do with slowing of connection is called "contention". ISP's share connections with a number of users - typically 40 - 50 on the basis that not all will be on the internet at the same time. . Which may well be the case during the day, but of course evening time is a peak time. With more and more people streaming TV and films over the internet this congestion will be getting worse. May I suggest you contact your ISP and let them know you are unhappy with this if that is the case?

Steve

Hi Steve, it is OK with all the other sites I use.. just MHF and only since Malvern.

Bob

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
it fine before Malvern

Buy a proper computer.

Never happens here under windows or linux.

Brain, it has always been fine... considering I have been running mac's for nearly 2 years now... it started after I got back from Malvern...

You can be posting Ok one moment then suddenly it goes very very slow and almost impossible to load a page.

But all the other sites I use..like banking, ebay and dozens of others are all OK all the time.

Bob

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
You can be posting Ok one moment then suddenly it goes very very slow and almost impossible to load a page.

But all the other sites I use..like banking, ebay and dozens of others are all OK all the time.
Bob

Just winding up Apple users.

FUN does have problems. Always has. It will hang loading a page, I can load another instance of FUN and it loads the page immediately. It seems to me something like a page request gets parked in a very long queue or maybe part of the request goes missing. Depending on browser setting this could give a time out error or just sit there with a activity indicator going round in circles for ever.

I usually use the back key then request again and then instant.

This is a low budget forum due to the skinflints who will not pay a miserable £10 so I guess, and it is a guess, Jim can't afford to throw the necessary money at the servers to cure the problem.

Anyway, for a bunch of Olde Fartes having a leisurely chat it's just fine.

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Just winding up Apple users.

FUN does have problems. Always has. It will hang loading a page, I can load another instance of FUN and it loads the page immediately. It seems to me something like a page request gets parked in a very long queue or maybe part of the request goes missing. Depending on browser setting this could give a time out error or just sit there with a activity indicator going round in circles for ever.

I usually use the back key then request again and then instant.

This is a low budget forum due to the skinflints who will not pay a miserable £10 so I guess, and it is a guess, Jim can't afford to throw the necessary money at the servers to cure the problem.

Anyway, for a bunch of [HI]Olde Fartes[/HI] having a leisurely chat it's just fine.

I want it noted that I do not consider myself an 'Old Farte'. I find that offensive and under rule one I want you all banned.

I consider you all to be old fartes, ShiftZZ, Old Mo, Hildweller, Munchie, Sundance, Toffo, Salopian, Johns Cross, Snowbird, chrisgreen, Sloboderbobber, Wildman and even Buttons to mention a few.

Popeye, papajohn, johnp10, Jim, treacle, fidget, southampton,Carol, Gez eddieoutofstockvanbitz and lots of others are all still young at heart and not to be confused with Old Fartes........:Tongue1:

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
try clearing your DNS cache, to force a reroute

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
I am old but not a farte's

I want it noted that I do not consider myself an 'Old Farte'. I find that offensive and under rule one I want you all banned.

I consider you all to be old fartes, ShiftZZ, Old Mo, Hildweller, Munchie, Sundance, Toffo, Salopian, Johns Cross, Snowbird, chrisgreen, Sloboderbobber, Wildman and even Buttons to mention a few.

Popeye, papajohn, johnp10, Jim, treacle, fidget, southampton,Carol, Gez eddieoutofstockvanbitz and lots of others are all still young at heart and not to be confused with Old Fartes........:Tongue1:

I also object... I may be old but the only farte's in my RV is Ezzie... boy can she let them rip.

I have to disagree with who you have put in the B list... treacle and Eddieoutofstockvanbitz are all old....:RollEyes:

bob:Blush:

Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08

I consider you all to be old fartes, ShiftZZ, Old Mo, Hildweller, Munchie, Sundance,[HI]:ROFLMAO: Toffo:ROFLMAO:,[/HI] Salopian, Johns Cross, Snowbird, chrisgreen, Sloboderbobber, Wildman and even Buttons to mention a few.

i may be old kid but im getting finner :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp

..:Tongue1:

Whos trod on your liver, just becos my boats bigger than yours:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Peter

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
I can get on ok in the mornings.. reasonably fast. I can access any number of sites.... I use atari, firefox and also chrome.

As the day goes on the MHF site loads more slowly and in the end I cannot get on.... all the other sites remain the same speed all day long.

I clear my history and cache every day.

I use a Apple MacBook Pro.

Only thing different is I used a midi at Malvern and it has not been the same since.

any idea's?????

Bob

Hi Bob just a thought you mention that you clear your history and cache but what about your cookies ? sometimes this can be the fault, not saying it is but just a thought ... all the best n hope you are back to norm soon

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
I lear the catch and history in the Apple Mac from say Safari... I do not know of any other place to look?

Bob

Windows® Vista®

1. Open the Start menu.
  2. Go to Run.
    • If you do not see the Run command in Vista, search for "run" in the Search bar.
  3. In the Run text box, type: ipconfig /flushdns
  4. Press Enter or Return, and your cache will be flushed.

MacOS®

1. Go to Applications.
  2. Go to Utilities.
  3. Open the Terminal application.
  4. Type: dscacheutil -flushcache
  5. Press Enter or Return, and your cache will be flushed.

this will cure loads of browser issues including page not foud or slow replies and loading... occasionally you need to do it twice to be sure

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back