Free Member
Oct 15, 2007
Neckend or North Wales.
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1Kombi day Van
Exp
Since 2004
As anyone had a problem with the front swivel seats as our Globecar is now 9 months old and I’m finding that the seats are getting stiff when first turning them around.

Also when you turn them back the last bit is very stiff but they are quite loose in between.

John.

May 30, 2012
Bristol
Funster No
MH
PVC Vantage Neo
Exp
25 years
Bit of oil on ours, oh and hubby filled a rough bit down. Work fine now!

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Depends on the type of swivel, if they have the large centre nut just loosen it off a fraction make sure you will re-apply some thread lock.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Depends on the type of swivel, if they have the large centre nut just loosen it off a fraction make sure you will re-apply some thread lock.
Do you have to remove the seat to reach the Centre nut? Can’t see one on ours and one seat is slightly loose. It’s not the runners that need tightening, I’ve checked.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Do you have to remove the seat to reach the Centre nut? Can’t see one on ours and one seat is slightly loose. It’s not the runners that need tightening, I’ve checked.
Our first Hymer had ISRI seats and you could get at the nut from behind with the seat fully forward, they are not that tight I used water pump pliers. I had the opposite problem nut worked a tiny bit loose and the seat would move a couple of mm when braking and cournering not much but quite a shock when driving. I took the nuts off and applied some thread lock and re-tightened them until the seat would swivel easily but still firm.

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
I lubricated the seat swivel (FIAT) with spray grease via a "straw" nozzle, that improved things for a while, getting so it needs doing again though. I also notice it tends to bind if I have it extended, say when using it to access the table.

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
As the problem has become an irritant for you, take the seat off , they can be quite heavy and investigate the effectiveness of the rotating plate. You should find this a simple job which will also allow you to get at the parts that get dusty where you cannot easily clean them.

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Our first Hymer had ISRI seats and you could get at the nut from behind with the seat fully forward, they are not that tight I used water pump pliers. I had the opposite problem nut worked a tiny bit loose and the seat would move a couple of mm when braking and cournering not much but quite a shock when driving. I took the nuts off and applied some thread lock and re-tightened them until the seat would swivel easily but still firm.
Many thanks. (y)That’s the problem we have.

Unfortunately, the centre of our swivels are open to allow cables to pass through. There is no Centre nut.:(

Jan 24, 2013
Near Bristol
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Rhythm
Exp
Since 2012, so still learning
This was an ongoing problem for us as well. Dealer kept oiling things but i was convinced it was a fault in the bearings, despite them telling me there were no bearings. Had to show them in the end. Stiffness was at the end of travel, in the straight ahead position. All cured now, it was two small rubber blocks at the front that the seat rides up on as it locks. Removed and kept them, but swivels fine now. These are the Fiat seats with no central nut. Try this.

OP
OP
Neckender

Neckender

Free Member
Oct 15, 2007
Neckend or North Wales.
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1Kombi day Van
Exp
Since 2004
This was an ongoing problem for us as well. Dealer kept oiling things but i was convinced it was a fault in the bearings, despite them telling me there were no bearings. Had to show them in the end. Stiffness was at the end of travel, in the straight ahead position. All cured now, it was two small rubber blocks at the front that the seat rides up on as it locks. Removed and kept them, but swivels fine now. These are the Fiat seats with no central nut. Try this.

I’ve seen those blocks and I will try that tomorrow as well as silicone spray.
Thanks all.

John.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back