Stiff insect screen on Seitz/Dometic skylight . (1 Viewer)

1881TB

Free Member
Dec 29, 2017
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Comanche, 2013
Exp
Spent a few weeks touring Australia and New Zealand about 10 years ago...
The insect screen built in to the Seitz roof light above the cab on my AT Comanche has become quite stiff. I used to be able to slide it to and fro with one hand and little effort but now use both hands or have to make a proper effort with just the one. The blackout part of the blind still runs smoothly. I've tried a bit of silicone lubricant spray on the runners but that hasn't helped. I can see that the blind runs on strings and suspect that they are the problem but there is nothing obviously wrong with them as far as I can see. It's a concertina/pleated type blind. I'm loathe to start taking it apart in case I can't put it back together. I could just live with it but I thought I would see if anyone out there has dealt with a similar problem? I have had a search on the forum but haven't found anything.

The screen used to be much less stiff but I'm not sure what caused the change - possibly having the skylight open and insect screen closed on a (mildly) windy day... maybe a bit of debris trapped somewhere...

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back