Free Member
Oct 26, 2014
Buckinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Lunar Champ H601
Exp
Since 2012
:(Can anyone help please. I have a Ducato based 2007 Lunar MH and on the end of the right hand stalk is a button to alter the clock and change the different readouts from the computer. It appears to be stuck and the only reading I can get is the average trip speed which is about as useful as a chocolate fire guard. What is more important is that the current mileage can't be displayed which is a must for its forthcoming MoT. Has anyone experienced this and know whether its repairable or is a case of finding a replacement? The Fiat owners handbook is about as useful as knowing the average trip speed.:(

DP+JAY

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2010
Dalbeattie
Funster No
MH
Laika 5009
Exp
since 2007, 25 years tuggin before that.
At 2007 it's the changeover
Is yours the 244 or the 250?

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Sounds like an x250, the computer display only shows trip mileage. The odometer shows the mileage in separate display when the drivers door is open and when the ignition is on. Unless something has gone wrong with the electronics that drives the whole panel, hope not could be expensive.
Worth contacting a Fiat agent may just need resetting.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Look to your right behind the steering wheel! Is there not a " mode" button?
If there is use that with the arrows to up or down.

OP
OP
English Springer

English Springer

Free Member
Oct 26, 2014
Buckinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Lunar Champ H601
Exp
Since 2012
Look to your right behind the steering wheel! Is there not a " mode" button?
If there is use that with the arrows to up or down.
It work during my last tour. Just by pressing the button on the end of the stalk I could see the various options. I used the mode button to set the options; miles/kilometres, setting the clock, etc. it can't be used while driving.

Frankie

Free Member
Nov 8, 2008
Buckinghamshire
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2008
Hi, had the same problem on my last motorhome. I gave a little squirt of wd40 into the end and then kept tapping the stalk and it eventually worked its way out. I had to do this several times until it became free. Hope this helps.

OP
OP
English Springer

English Springer

Free Member
Oct 26, 2014
Buckinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Lunar Champ H601
Exp
Since 2012
Thanks for the tip but aren't there electrics in the stalk that may short out? I'm willing to give it a try with a few drops and will let you know if it works. Thanks again.

OP
OP
English Springer

English Springer

Free Member
Oct 26, 2014
Buckinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Lunar Champ H601
Exp
Since 2012
Hi, had the same problem on my last motorhome. I gave a little squirt of wd40 into the end and then kept tapping the stalk and it eventually worked its way out. I had to do this several times until it became free. Hope this helps.

Thanks Frankie, that appears to have done the trick. I now hope it's MoT will be just as painless. (y)

Frankie

Free Member
Nov 8, 2008
Buckinghamshire
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2008
We are near Princes Risborough, good luck with mot. had ours done last week, all ok. I asked the weight of the van that registers on ramp and it was getting on to our max 3500 kg. apparently accurate to +/- 10%.So a trip to the weight bridge to check and probably go for a weight upgrade. more expense !!!!!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back