LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Other than a hair drier what is the best way to get thick`ish transfers.. off the side of a vehicle.. ?

Thanks.

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
Depends what stickers. If just stick on vinyl then usually a hot jetwash will do the trick - don't leave too long on one spot as you can take you paint with it. Keep at an angle and it will fly off, laving just glue. Tar and glue remover will get rid of that.

If on something like a motorcycle, it will more that likely be underneath the lacquer.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Depends what stickers. If just stick on vinyl then usually a hot jetwash will do the trick - don't leave too long on one spot as you can take you paint with it. Keep at an angle and it will fly off, laving just glue. Tar and glue remover will get rid of that.

If on something like a motorcycle, it will more that likely be underneath the lacquer.

Thanks.. :thumb:

They are stickers I put on a fibreglass trailer, and they are starting to peel on the edges and look tatty.. :Sad:

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
I had to get some nasty ones off a bus I had before this van. I ended up buying something I think was called a toffee wheel. It was hard work but it did a great job.

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
Other than a hair drier what is the best way to get thick`ish transfers.. off the side of a vehicle.. ?

Thanks.
Hi Mo,
My chance to help you. Most stickers come off easily. I always just stand the vehicle in the sun, if you have any. This will lightly warm the graphic and it should come off with the glue. Otherwise lightly use heat from a hair dryer or heatgun, but NOT much heat. If to much heat is applied the transfer seperates from the glue and makes it stick harder. Remember to peel SLOWLY. I know most people want it removed quickly but if pulled hard it will tear causing you more grief.
These ways of removing have worked fine for me in over 30 years of manufacturing / removing graphics. Good luck as it is a slow process.

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Thanks every one... :thumb:

With a bit of sun and a warm not hot hair drier they are coming off..

Got some "Sticky stuff" remover to get the excess glue off...

Jobs a good-un.. :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
Bring it round here----The local 'wildlife' are quite expert at peeling stickers off and nicking name plates,all at no cost for the service!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back