stewart-mouland-motorcaravans (1 Viewer)

Nov 10, 2012
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
Just wandering if anyone has any dealings with this company , good or bad . I have not heard of them myself . They are based at Peacehaven , near Brighton and I got chatting to them at the NEC show today. There is one review in the review section but that was a year ago.

Apr 29, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Burstner Nexxo T740
Exp
since 2008
We have not done business with them but have visited a few times when looking. The Motorhomes were not presented in the best condition but I presume they valet/fix them when they sell rather than before to save expense. We were looking to PX and they couldn't give us a price as they couldn't see our Van on the internet or Glasses Guide (it was the weekend though but they didn't come back to us in the week and we were suited elsewhere in the end)

T

Tackle man

Deleted User
I live within spitting distance of this outfit.
My experience has been negative.
I have found them to be scruffy individuals who wander around smoking while working .
I enquired about spare parts a while ago and was more or less told I was wasting their time!
My daughter and son in law purchased a Motorhome from them a few years ago. It had a satellite dish on the roof but SM removed the receiver box to sell separately.
They do sell a lot of Motorhomes but I drive past them to Premier Motorhomes in Birdham, Nr Chichester. Great company! (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited by a moderator:

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
We went there when we wanted to part X our van gave is a shameful amount part X price. Same thoughts about scruffy vans on show. Put you right off them on first inspection.
First impressions and all that. Salesmen sitting around as you say. Surely they could clean the vans instead of doing that to make them more sellable?
Well I would if I was the director.

rolandrat

Free Member
Jan 5, 2013
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
SM has been advertising servicing facilities recently.

grasscutter

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 11, 2009
East Wittering. West Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis i588
Exp
Started in 1980
When we were looking we had just missed an autotrail scout and found one on their website. Drove down to view it. At the time it was priced at £24000.
I would not have given them £4000. Filthy condition, broken cupboards and rusted wheel arches . Decided then and there that first impressions count.

PORKSTER

Free Member
Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
The Robin reliant is nearby lol many many moons ago I went there for a job.Back then it wasbigger and very impressive. Recently it looks terrible vans are not prepared at all I would imagine they have the vans the big dealers don't want. As said Premiere are worth a look as also Southdown's

rolandrat

Free Member
Jan 5, 2013
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
You have to wonder what sort of manufacturers would want to use them as main agents if their premises and second hand stock look tired. Which manufacturers do they represent?

T

Tackle man

Deleted User
You have to wonder what sort of manufacturers would want to use them as main agents if their premises and second hand stock look tired. Which manufacturers do they represent?
Autotrail recently parted company with SM.

Andy

Free Member
May 25, 2014
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Went to look at a their stock - wanting a bigger mh than the fiat 2 berth (which weve still got......:whistle:) they had a Hymer in the yard across the road (the cheaper not so clean stock), the guy did come over and unlock it for us to look at,...........then disappeared ? had to find him again to ask price...........HOW MUCH ???? it was filthy, tatty and smelt damp !!

We left it open and walked away.

There is another Hm dealer just across the road from sm, AMC (I think) much better service, the guy there, even knowing his vehicles were out of our price range, was quite happy to discuss various points of interest etc.

Apr 29, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Burstner Nexxo T740
Exp
since 2008
As far as I know AMC sell vehicles on behalf of private individuals and take a payment which covers Valeting and Servicing so they tend to clean the stock before it is on the forecourt.

calion

Free Member
Sep 3, 2014
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
since 2008
Help what have I done? It says I am ignoring Mr colpot, I didn't mean to! How can I un-ignore him......sorry Mr Colpot :(

Apr 29, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Burstner Nexxo T740
Exp
since 2008
Help what have I done? It says I am ignoring Mr colpot, I didn't mean to! How can I un-ignore him......sorry Mr Colpot :(

Hi Calion - You might not see this if you are ignoring me - but don't worry I am used to it - Mrs Colpot has been doing it for years....

calion

Free Member
Sep 3, 2014
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
since 2008
Think I've managed to un-ignore you, don't know what happened there. Sorry :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back