Deceased RIP
Jan 2, 2008
West of Southampton edge
Funster No
MH
A Class RV
Exp
Yippee off to Ireland Saturday can't wait :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Right! You very learned people what method is the best way to to change Sterling to Euros?

Do I change here at the post office? Or do I take cash and change when I get to Ireland?

I know that earlier when we flew to Spain when i looked at the exchange rates there I could have gotten 2-3 cents more than I did here at the Post Office!

Or use a credit card as much as possible?

Link Removed

Regards Pat

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Yippee off to Ireland Saturday can't wait :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Right! You very learned people what method is the best way to to change Sterling to Euros?

Do I change here at the post office? Or do I take cash and change when I get to Ireland?

I know that earlier when we flew to Spain when i looked at the exchange rates there I could have gotten 2-3 cents more than I did here at the Post Office!

Or use a credit card as much as possible?

Link Removed

Regards Pat

Check with your C C company to see if they add a surcharge on foreign transactions. :Blush:

We use Nationwide for cash withdrawals as they do not charge you for foreign transactions. The exchange rate can move while you are abroad so whatever you get in the UK will be different over your holiday. You pays your money & takes your pick.

Enjoy your trip

We are planning to go later in the year & would be interested in your experiences & where you get to. :thumb:

N

N Luyetund

Deleted User
Best option is to use a Nationwide a/c and use your debit card to withdraw cash when you get there... + take a few bob in euros from your High street best buy:winky:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

joanie

Free Member
Mar 24, 2008
donegal,ireland
Funster No
Exp
three years,on and off
will find out for you

hi ruffingitsmoothly,i live in republic,off to bank dis morn,so i will find out best way for you,wher abouts are you going?:thumb::winky:

OP
OP
ruffingitsmoothly

ruffingitsmoothly

Deceased RIP
Jan 2, 2008
West of Southampton edge
Funster No
MH
A Class RV
Exp
Hi joanie

We are landing in Rosslare Saturday evening and are planning to go to The Trading Post campsite that night also want to go to Kilkenny Treegrove I have relatives over in Mayo who have a farm where we can park, also we have a daughter who lives in Dublin so looking to stay a Camac Site a few days . Galway may be on the agenda too, aswell as Killarney possibly Trallee too.

I have e'mailed all the sites asking if they can accomodate a 34' RV and do I need to book? they all replied without fail in typical Irish fashion "fine no bother, no need to book just turn up and we will fit you in! Looking forward to see you!"

Link Removed :drink::drink::drink:(Sorry Gary:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:)

Regards Pat

V

vanessa

Deleted User
If you're not with the Nationwide, do check very carefully what surcharges you'll incur for foreign withdrawals - they can be quite crippling! Also worth checking what exchange rate they'll give you, as some are stingy with that, too.

joanie

Free Member
Mar 24, 2008
donegal,ireland
Funster No
Exp
three years,on and off
exchange rate

:thumb::winky:hi pat,exchange rate is not good,€127.36 for £100 so i would use hole in wall,would be better rate,or check your post office,hope you have good craic in ireland,we live in donegal,regards joanie.:thumb::winky:

Beachbum

Free Member
Sep 13, 2007
Hamburg / Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
40 Years
I am talking only cash transactions: Always change your money abroad. You always get a raw/bad deal in England.

OP
OP
ruffingitsmoothly

ruffingitsmoothly

Deceased RIP
Jan 2, 2008
West of Southampton edge
Funster No
MH
A Class RV
Exp
Hi joanie

Thanks for getting back to me that rate is a lot better than the post office was quoted ! euro 20 for 1 pound!!!!

Thanks! It's a shame you are so far to the north only got 2 weeks so won't venture that far:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I'm sure we will have a good time it's the first time with an RV although visited Ireland many many times before

Regards Pat

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back