Sterling 'Pro Batt Ultra' Battery-To-Battery Charger - 12V/12V 30A (1 Viewer)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
@Minxy Girl yes that's the one. I'm wondering if it would be better suited than maybe a Sterling Pro?
I'll let the experience techies answer that one! :D

I'm still not convinced that you actually need it though .. :rolleyes:

Deneb

Free Member
Oct 20, 2015
Europe
Funster No
MH
PVC
There is a Smart Energy Control accessory available for the Isotherm compressor fridge, which can be retrofitted, but involves removing the fridge to gain access to the rear of the unit. Intel/Webasto claim that it dynamically monitors and adjusts the fridge temperature in line with the ambient conditions. I haven't fitted one, but it exists if you really want to push down your energy consumption as much as possible. It is mentioned in the user manual.

One of the reasons I prefer the Votronic B2B charger that I mentioned in your other thread, is it has a lower Lead Acid/Lead Gel trickle charge or float voltage than the Schaudt (13.5v as opposed to 13.8v) which is more in line with current voltage considerations for battery longevity.

OP
OP
C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
@Deneb ooh that's a thought ...... which one and was it tricky to fit? I mean the Votronic (please:))

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited by a moderator:

Deneb

Free Member
Oct 20, 2015
Europe
Funster No
MH
PVC
This one. I haven't fitted one, as I'm still considering whether to get one or not. It looks fairly straightforward from the instructions though, and I reckon would be easy to fit on the side of the seat frame next to the leisure batteries, keeping the cables short with an easy connection to the D+ take off in the converter socket behind the B-pillar.

https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/foru...y-booster-b2b-on-the-way.146243/#post-2923698

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2003
I fitted a Votronic VCC 1212-45 earlier this year and I am very pleased with it. It has a good selection of battery charging options including Open, Gel, AGM and LiFePO4. It also has settings and wiring instructions to make it compatible with Schaudt EBLs, very similar wiring arrangement to the Schaudt Booster shown above. I think the term battery to battery is misplaced, true the connection is battery to battery but the function and operation is really with the alternator.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back