Jul 3, 2012
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Eldis Autoquest
Exp
First
Good morning what a craking weekend weather wise,,

I fiited a solar panel to the van a few weeks ago which seems to work well on the leisure battery Ive been looking at one of these does anyone know if they are any good

Link Removed

adds666

Free Member
Jul 13, 2013
Horsham
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Fulltiming Since May 2013
Would this mean the Engine Battery is charged as well as the LB when the solar panel has done its thing on the LB and is floating?

I found with our 90W panel in to an 85aH LB that it would be charged by 10am and floating. I combatted this by fitting a simple switch in parallel to the ignition control wire on the split charge relay. Then I could manually 'connect' the engine battery and starter battery when I was either on EHU or the Solar panel was floating after topping up the LB. Effectively then putting the power from the panel in to the starter and LB.

My starter battery and LB were also wired in large 100A capable gauge wire so on those cold days when the starter battery couldn't turn over he old diesel engine I could flick the same switch and effectively 'jump start' the van using both starter and leisure battery.

It should be noted that whenever I was to consume some energy I would disconnect the batteries using the same switch. Otherwise I'd run down the LB.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back