Stereotypes - Fancy a Giggle? (1 Viewer)

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I know we often go on about Caravan Club Marshals and their infatuation with the little white peg. Well :D

I turn up at around 8pm to the Caravan and Motorhome Club temporary site at the NEC and was greeted by a couple of charming ladies who booked me in and wished me well. Then I was to follow the Marshal who was driving one of those mini John Deere tractors that look like great fun; he would park me up.

Twice he came to the wrong window with his instructions (I'm left-hand drive) I was happy to open that window and talk to him through it but no, he'd rather come around to the driver's side. 12 years in the army made me good at taking orders, so I didn't question why I had to reverse on to his mark, that I was already on but facing the wrong way, I could have said, well what about those vans they are facing this way, but i didn't, I just sighed.

Cruise liners have better a turning circle than my van so I trundled around in a massive circle. so I could reverse in the dark on to the precise bit of land I'd just vacated, but at least I'd be facing the right way :doh:

Forward a bit, back a bit, Can you move a metre that way mate, back a bit, no, I'd like you here, that's it, You'll do.

Thanks god for that, I just wanted a brew. I put the kettle on and then stepped outside to put my silver screens on, up to my ankles in a thick muddy puddle, it seemed all that manoeuvring was to get my habitation door right above this muck. So I moved about 6 feet sideways where the ground was firmer, drank my tea and got an early night. I was out at 8am to the show.
nec.jpg

On my return, I saw a note under a wiper blade. I thought maybe a funster had spotted me and left a message. But no, this was far more serious and URGENT!

Would you like to see the note.? Given that I was in a pretty much empty field of mud It had me chuckling all afternoon.. :rofl: Wardens :D

Urgent.jpg

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Unbelievable...

(but I believe it.)

I guess the man never managed to be a milk monitor and is now trying to make up for it.

(Did you contact the office?)

JJ :cool:

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
urgent-jpg.262471

Naughty boy...

And did you do as ordered.... :giggler:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
... perhaps the pitch mark 'moved' itself in the night ... I wonder it if can be encouraged to 'wander' back to it's original location ... :whistle:

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
With out order we have chaos, so the warden was right. Do as your told.:LOL:

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
It's funny but also quite sad how serious this is taken lol.

P.s nice rv always liked the look of the coachbuilt yank campers

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
I know we often go on about Caravan Club Marshals and their infatuation with the little white peg. Well :D

I turn up at around 8pm to the Caravan and Motorhome Club temporary site at the NEC and was greeted by a couple of charming ladies who booked me in and wished me well. Then I was to follow the Marshal who was driving one of those mini John Deere tractors that look like great fun; he would park me up.

Twice he came to the wrong window with his instructions (I'm left-hand drive) I was happy to open that window and talk to him through it but no, he'd rather come around to the driver's side. 12 years in the army made me good at taking orders, so I didn't question why I had to reverse on to his mark, that I was already on but facing the wrong way, I could have said, well what about those vans they are facing this way, but i didn't, I just sighed.

Cruise liners have better a steering lock than my van so I trundled around in a massive circle. so I could reverse in the dark on to the precise bit of land I'd just vacated, but at least I'd be facing the right way :doh:

Forward a bit, back a bit, Can you move a metre that way mate, back a bit, no, I'd like you here, that's it, You'll do.

Thanks god for that, I just wanted a brew. I put the kettle on and then stepped outside to put my silver screens on, up to my ankles in a thick muddy puddle, it seemed all that manoeuvring was to get my habitation door right above this muck. So I moved about 6 feet sideways where the ground was firmer, drank my tea and got an early night. I was out at 8am to the show. View attachment 262472

On my return, I saw a note under a wiper blade. I thought maybe a funster had spotted me and left a message. But no, this was far more serious and URGENT!

Would you like to see the note.? Given that I was in a pretty much empty field of mud It had me chuckling all afternoon.. :rofl: Wardens :D

View attachment 262471

Just a fool full of his own importance either trying to be helpful and not doing so or just stamping his "official" authority on others. To be ignored!. I hope you didn't obey the summons to the office with your cap in your hand, ready to tug your forelock. These people are of course sometimes helpful but as in this case sometimes go far beyond what's required.

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Shoot himself ... of the warden??? o_O
Well if he shoots himself only one person doesn't have to meet the jobsworth again.
If he shoots the warden no one has to meet the jobsworth again

And for that reason I'd vote he shoots the warden

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
No common sense coupled possibly with low self esteem (n)
Had one at skegness few weeks ago, made me turn the van round in an empty field.:rolleyes:

IMAG1066.jpg

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Just a point of order M'Lud;

There's no evidence that the esteemed warden who politely & courteously parked Jim in the first instance... had anything to do with that note...
...indeed what evidence is there that the note is actually from the 'office' and not just, for argument's sake, written by a Funster as a prank?

003D87B300000258-3301666-image-a-6_1446733801628.jpg

Husky

Free Member
Sep 7, 2017
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Swift Bolero 714SB
Exp
Since March 2017
Those white peg markers are brilliant. I do so wish there were more.

It takes about six to get my open pit fire going and a further 11 to cook my burgers and keep warm. I do hope the Marshalls put loads around my MH next year. It does save walking a bit.

The notes they leave are excellent fire starters. I'll happily collect your note for 2019.

Feb 18, 2018
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2018
Yikes, our first motorhome is (still) imminent ... had thought about joining either or both clubs but not sure thé petty rules would help me to relax!

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Has anyone checked that the wardens have spaced the pegs at the right intervals and that they are of required height and with the regulatory paint on - should it be reflective for late arrivals?

Are the wardens issued with identification cards? Should these be inspected before obeying their instructions, which could be wrongfully given if not properly trained and licensed.

Should they wear SS badges - as Site Supervisors?

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I'd struggle not to click my heels salute and say ja mein fuhrer afyer every instruction they gave me

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Have any Members of this forum ever ignored/disobeyed a Warden's instruction?

If so, what were the results/sanctions?

Membership cancelled? Police called to evict? Grafiti all over the MH? It is difficult to know what they can do.

Geoff

Mattbee

Free Member
Aug 27, 2018
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile coachbuilt
Exp
Newbie swapping from caravan
About 6 years ago we were at a C&CC site in Devon in our T5.
The awning we had (a Kayham) stick out quite far so we tended to park at the back of the pitch & extend the awning out to the front, if that makes sense.
Anyway, had been there for 2 days,was leaving the next morning.
Warden comes over and says “you can’t park like that”.
“Yes I can, as you can see I have” I replied.
“You need to move it” said he.
“I will, tomorrow morning when we leave”
“No, you need to do it now”
“Sorry, can’t do it now, my dinner is nearly ready” was my last reply before zipping the front of the awning up and leaving him standing there.
He waited a few minutes, coughed a bit and then just wandered off. I heard nothing more about it either on site or from the club.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back