Free Member
May 23, 2021
Chandlers Ford, Hants, UK
Funster No
MH
Bessacar E435 56 reg
Exp
7 years touring UK and Europe
My step on my 56 reg E435 does not retract when engine started. Also I notice that the fridge does not run on the engine. I presume there is a 12 v supply missing to these. The step does work with the switch and the fridge light does work.
I have read about a D+ line on a thread. I have checked all the fuses and relays under the bonnet and the fuses on both sides under the dash. The 5 fuses in the wardrobe are also ok. Am I missing some others ? The 4 wires from the step are OK as is the switch on the step. Also the relay hidden at the back of the corner cupboard by the door is ok. Any suggestions ?

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
I have a recollection that there is a fuse near the batteries not sure if it was leisure or van though might be worth a look 🤔😊

Upvote 0

lynnian

Free Member
May 4, 2010
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Ace Genova
Exp
Since 2008
On my 05 Fiat Ducato the relays are under a black cover under the bonnet on top of engine . I think it is the same relay that does the fridge and the step. Found that the relay base connections had burnt up on mine. Put new spade connectors direct to the relayand has been fine since.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back