Step not working properly -help! (2 Viewers)

Madbird

Free Member
Apr 25, 2015
Kings Lynn, Norfolk
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian
Exp
3 years
Hi all,
I'm hoping someone can help me with a problem we have. We have a Warwick Duo and we love it, but last year the step suddenly stopped working. The alarm kept going off so my husband wound it in and disconnected it. He then checked all the fuses and it didn't seem to be anything there, and all his efforts led back to the EM50, we were in Spain and had one sent out to us, he fitted it and the step comes out half way. It works all the time, but again it only comes out half way, which isn't ideal for a couple of old doddering people as we are. On return to the UK at the service garage the conclusion was to check the EM50 wasn't faulty, we replaced the new one as Sergeant's hadn't got a record of our previous purchase. Husband today has replaced this and it is exactly the same problem. Does anyone know what we can try next? Obviously, if we need to we will replace the step, but one further question would be - is this difficult to do? We have manual levelling ramps but that is all - any help would be amazing! TBH if it isn't a difficult job maybe that is the way to go, the old step is an Ormister which is now owned by Thule and therefore parts etc are a bit of a nightmare, having said that we have been told and Hubby agrees it seems to be an electrical issue.

Glandwr

Banned
Jul 10, 2014
the Berwyn Mountains
Funster No
MH
Hymer S740
Exp
since 2009
I had problems with an electrical step. Advice was to check the earth connections. That cured it, apparently it a common cause underneath with all the dirt and salt.

OP
OP
M

Madbird

Free Member
Apr 25, 2015
Kings Lynn, Norfolk
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian
Exp
3 years
Thanks for that Glandwr, I have just been on to Auto Sleeper, who have identified that we had the wrong EM50, bearing in mind it was the same as the one removed hopefully the correct one will solve the problem, in the meantime I guess I know where I will be sending Hubby lol! We live in Spain and so don't normally suffer from Salt or dirt just lots of dust, but you never know! Determind to get to the bottom of it so we can enjoy her fully again!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
It may be worth checking the gears in the step as they are made of nylon and the teeth shear which leaves a gap the motor runs but step will not move any further.šŸ˜Š

Mar 30, 2019
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Trigano Tribute
Exp
Since 2017
Give it a squirt of silicon our Omni step sometimes only comes out half way seems to sort it out.

OP
OP
M

Madbird

Free Member
Apr 25, 2015
Kings Lynn, Norfolk
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian
Exp
3 years
Thanks for that Glandwr, I have just been on to Auto Sleeper, who have identified that we had the wrong EM50, bearing in mind it was the same as the one removed hopefully the correct one will solve the problem, in the meantime I guess I know where I will be sending Hubby lol! We live in Spain and so don't normally suffer from Salt or dirt just lots of dust, but you never know! Determind to get to the bottom of it so we can enjoy her fully again!
An update! Yes it was the wrong em50 -my guess is that whoever put it in hadnā€™t got a clue! The wrong box meant that the wiring had to be changed also- to allow the step to return! I am currently enjoying still the full use of the step lol!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back