Aug 23, 2011
NE England
Funster No
MH
Compass Avantgarde 140
Exp
5 years and learning
Hi all,

Haven't been on the forums for a long while, due to health issues, unfortunately ongoing and can't use our motorhome currently. Hopefully all will be resolved in time though, and we can look forward to getting out and about again!

I want to purchase an anti-theft device for the 'van (Compass 140, Peugot Boxer) and am thinking a steering wheel lock would be the better option - it's fitted with manufacturer's alarm and immobiliser system but I feel an additional deterrent would help. Don't want to spend too much, the full steering wheel covers seem very expensive - any recommendations please?

Aug 26, 2008
B&NES
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
Another vote for Disklok. My old yellow one is on its 4th vehicle. Previously 2 cars, then a VW camper; now the current X290 PVC.

My only reservation is that it can scuff the rim of leather steering wheels.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
We have a big lump bolted to the front wheel as an extra deterrent but I always thought that as others have said.

Turn the drivers seat 180 degrees and padlock it in place. (y)

Jan 2, 2017
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starspirit
Exp
7 years
We have just bought a "Stoplock." It's simple to fit, but getting off would make a lot of noise with the horn controls in the way as well as good security. High visibility deterrent. Well pleased.

Stretto Boy

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2016
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2011
We also have a Stoplock, which I think is pretty decent for the money. As with any security device it will only act as a deterrent for the opportunist, not for the determined professional thief.

May 24, 2014
North Devon
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kingham
Exp
Since 2013
Got a Stoplock and also run a rubber coated cable between the two cab doors with a bright coloured lock that can be seen. I also have Strikeback and the Peugeot factory fitted immobiliser.
All perfectly visable and hopefully will encourage the potential thief to move on to the next van or motorhome instead.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back