• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

SOLD Steel Wheels and Tyres. (1 Viewer)

Norfolk Red

Free Member
Nov 18, 2016
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Chieftan
Exp
2 Years
WP_20161025_001.jpg
WP_20161025_002.jpg
WP_20161025_003.jpg
For Sale.

Had these when we bought our first motorhome as winter wheels, motorhome had alloys.
Now we have replaced our motorhome these are surplus.
They fit a Fiat Ducato 2002 and will also fit a Peugeot as far as I know.

The tyres are motorhome rated and have plenty of tread left.
There are six in total as we had a Tag axle. Collection only unless buyer arranges collection.

£250.00 which I think is a fair offer.
Any questions please ask.

Mark.

WP_20161025_001.jpg
WP_20161025_002.jpg
WP_20161025_003.jpg

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
The first question is going to be what age are the tyres, they are not our size but I will ask the question for others.

Martin

OP
OP
Norfolk Red

Norfolk Red

Free Member
Nov 18, 2016
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Chieftan
Exp
2 Years
Good question, when we bought are last motorhome (Hobby 750 Tag) they came with it. So if I'm honest I really don't know, having said that at £41.66 per rim and tyre they are a cheap option for someone standing their motorhome up for the winter.

Mark.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Good question, when we bought are last motorhome (Hobby 750 Tag) they came with it. So if I'm honest I really don't know, having said that at £41.66 per rim and tyre they are a cheap option for someone standing their motorhome up for the winter.

Mark.

True but I don't know how many people put old tyres on their motorhome just so it can stand unused over the winter, I know I dont.

Martin

OP
OP
Norfolk Red

Norfolk Red

Free Member
Nov 18, 2016
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Chieftan
Exp
2 Years
Martin,

thanks for that, didn't realise that, so mods if you could withdraw the advert that's good for me, and sorry for any misleading.
The last thing I wanted to do is upset anybody, so apologies to everyone.

Mark.

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
Hi Mark
I would leave them here someone may have a use for them you never know .
I don't think you would offend anybody by doing so.
Good luck with your sale .

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Martin,

thanks for that, didn't realise that, so mods if you could withdraw the advert that's good for me, and sorry for any misleading.
The last thing I wanted to do is upset anybody, so apologies to everyone.

Mark.
You can still try to sell them no problem, the wheels look in good condition so thats in your favour, just find the date code for the tyres and people will know what they are looking at.

If you bought your Hobby new in 2002 the tyres will be ready for the skip, otherwise just find the date code that Boringfrog has highlighted.

Martin

OP
OP
Norfolk Red

Norfolk Red

Free Member
Nov 18, 2016
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Chieftan
Exp
2 Years
JolleyRodger,

thank you for your reply, I might be new to the world of motor homing, but do not want to end up selling something that might not be "fit for purpose" .
I have been a member of a lot of various forums over the years, and know that there are people who will pull you up on almost anything.
So if I have upset or offended anyone then I apologise.

Mark.

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Don't think you'll offend anyone.... the tyres may have a few years left in them, especially if they have been kept in the dark.....

I'd check the date code and if there's only a year or two in them you may have to come down on price, as funflair said, the wheels may interest someone...(y)

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Would you split them, as I only need one wheel to replace by rusty spare.
We're in East Runton this week

Last edited:

Louis

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 29, 2016
Anglesey
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auotrail
Exp
6 Months with motorhome(35 years tugging)
JolleyRodger,

thank you for your reply, I might be new to the world of motor homing, but do not want to end up selling something that might not be "fit for purpose" .
I have been a member of a lot of various forums over the years, and know that there are people who will pull you up on almost anything.

Mark.
If I was closer I would buy the tyres , then you could sell the wheels. Tyres too old for motorhome (presumably) but good enough for a builders van

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
JolleyRodger,

Mark.
Hi Mark as has been said you haven't offended anyone and the is no need to remove the ad.Looking at the tread pattern I would suggest that they are the original 2002 tyres and with the visible cracking on the sidewall it renders tyres not suitable for road use.Like Martin has said I don't know of anyone that stands their Motorhome on different tyres over the winter.But the wheels have a value ,I would say the £20.00 a wheel is a far price.:xThumb:
Brian & Jo

Louis

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 29, 2016
Anglesey
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auotrail
Exp
The tyres are still good for road use, (not for motor homes though) there are other commercial vans that these tyres would fit, then sell the wheels separately, you will still get your price

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
Or stick them up on Gumtree they will sell I recon have sold similar down this way over the years. As already mentioned builders/ works van or someone wanting to upgrade from 15" to 16" the wheels will fit ,anyone buying would know what to expect ,they are used ,no warranty etc etc .There's a couple of firms this way selling used covers some with less tread than these,whithout the rims .:xThumb:

Duck Truck

Free Member
Feb 27, 2015
UP North
Funster No
MH
Hobby 725
Exp
since 2012
If you are skiers and travel to the Alps
Do what we did buy them and fit winter tyres on
just a straight swap then in the summer
Kev

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
If I was closer I would buy the tyres , then you could sell the wheels. Tyres too old for motorhome (presumably) but good enough for a builders van
I can't see why you would want a builders van to be any less safe than a motorhome, old tyres go hard and don't grip/stop the same as good rubber and that's not taking in the side wall cracks into the equation, if the van is overloaded with rubble or a cement mixer it will make a hell of a mess when it hits something.

Martin

Louis

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 29, 2016
Anglesey
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auotrail
Exp
I can't see why you would want a builders van to be any less safe than a motorhome, old tyres go hard and don't grip/stop the same as good rubber and that's not taking in the side wall cracks into the equation, if the van is overloaded with rubble or a cement mixer it will make a hell of a mess when it hits something.

Martin
Two wheels each end of an axle . Still safe up to 10 yrs ( depending on their condition) . Reccomended 5yrs for motor homes & caravans. You can read safety info on this forum or try Googling :xeek:

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Two wheels each end of an axle . Still safe up to 10 yrs ( depending on their condition) . Reccomended 5yrs for motor homes & caravans. You can read safety info on this forum or try Googling :xeek:
OK two wheels each end of some axles, but that's a bit different to your original statement which looked like a response to a suggestion that they were most likely original 2002 with cracked side walls, 2002 would make them -------- well you can do the maths, old.

Martin

Louis

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 29, 2016
Anglesey
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auotrail
Exp
OK two wheels each end of some axles, but that's a bit different to your original statement which looked like a response to a suggestion that they were most likely original 2002 with cracked side walls, 2002 would make them -------- well you can do the maths, old.

Martin
oh yes mate, quite right with the age, got that one incorrect I apologise! I really meant on the axle the builder was carrying to the scrapyard. I should have had my reading glasses on (my excuse):xsad:

Jul 13, 2008
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2007
Or stick them up on Gumtree they will sell I recon have sold similar down this way over the years. As already mentioned builders/ works van or someone wanting to upgrade from 15" to 16" the wheels will fit ,anyone buying would know what to expect ,they are used ,no warranty etc etc .There's a couple of firms this way selling used covers some with less tread than these,whithout the rims .:xThumb:
Be aware that 16inch rims might not fit on a motorhome with 15inch as standard, different PCD.

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
Be aware that 16inch rims might not fit on a motorhome with 15inch as standard, different PCD.

Have lost count of the times that that has been said ,or the number of times I have swapped similar ,Fiat , Peugeot,Citroen ,1994 -2002 basically same Eurovan and will Usually swap ,but don't take it as read if You were the buyer then it would be up to You to ascertain that they would fit ,and be fit for Your purpose.A and be safe and legal to use.

Jul 13, 2008
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2007
Have lost count of the times that that has been said ,or the number of times I have swapped similar ,Fiat , Peugeot,Citroen ,1994 -2002 basically same Eurovan and will Usually swap ,but don't take it as read if You were the buyer then it would be up to You to ascertain that they would fit ,and be fit for Your purpose.A and be safe and legal to use.
A motorhome with a maxi chassis has 16inch wheels these will not fit a motorhome with 15inch wheels. Correct me if I'm wrong. ;)

OP
OP
Norfolk Red

Norfolk Red

Free Member
Nov 18, 2016
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Chieftan
Exp
2 Years
Well people thank you for all your input and all the rights and wrongs of my advert.

I am surprised at some of the comments from some people, yes I am new to this forum and realise that it seems like I might have joined to just sell something, well let me just say that is not my intention at all.
I joined to join in the fun, to learn and hopefully meet some of you nice people on a site or field somewhere.

If my advert has upset people, again I apologise the last thing I wanted to do as I stated yesterday was to try and sell something that was not fit for purpose. I was only trying to help someone out who might want to put a set of winter wheels on while perhaps they refurbished the ones they had on.
A couple of people said they do not know of anyone who puts winter wheels on, fair comment but that is how I got them because the previous owner done just that, and also are those comments really constructive towards someone trying to sell something, I don't think so.

So with all that in mind I was willing to pull the advert off the forum to stop any more confusion, however after a couple of helpful PM's have decided to leave it on but have now reduced the price to £125-00 collected and hope that meets every ones approval.

Mark.

ambulancekidd

Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
Since 1964 Gosh that makes me feel old.
Oh I wish I'd known about these when we were in Essex last week, they'd have been perfect for my needs.

Louis

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 29, 2016
Anglesey
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auotrail
Exp
Well people thank you for all your input and all the rights and wrongs of my advert.

I am surprised at some of the comments from some people, yes I am new to this forum and realise that it seems like I might have joined to just sell something, well let me just say that is not my intention at all.
I joined to join in the fun, to learn and hopefully meet some of you nice people on a site or field somewhere.

If my advert has upset people, again I apologise the last thing I wanted to do as I stated yesterday was to try and sell something that was not fit for purpose. I was only trying to help someone out who might want to put a set of winter wheels on while perhaps they refurbished the ones they had on.
A couple of people said they do not know of anyone who puts winter wheels on, fair comment but that is how I got them because the previous owner done just that, and also are those comments really constructive towards someone trying to sell something, I don't think so.

So with all that in mind I was willing to pull the advert off the forum to stop any more confusion, however after a couple of helpful PM's have decided to leave it on but have now reduced the price to £125-00 collected and hope that meets every ones approval.

Mark.
Moral on here - take negativity with a pinch of salt! Wait for it :cautious:

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012

Mark.

Hi Mark

"no" I certainly didnt think you had joined just to sell your wheels.

Apologies if you thought my comments were "negative" I was trying to be helpful, to me winter wheels suggested steel wheels with winter/snow tyres on to be using on the van over the winter months so the age of the tyres was a question you needed to be prepared to answer.

Anyway I think you have a result now, and possibly due to the fact that all the banter kept your "for sale" on the front page a lot longer than if we had all kept our opinions to to ourselves.

See you around.

Martin

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back