LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Esprit I7150 EB
Exp
Since 2016
Just got the below mail from Staysure about our policy we took out in June as it was 15 months for price of 12. Nice to see some insurers are at least trying but on the flip side as there is practically nowhere we can go at the moment I guess they are not going to have to pay out on many policies:cautious:

You may be aware that we recently upgraded our travel insurance policies to include protection for coronavirus (COVID-19) as standard. This cover applies to all policies issued on, or after 16 March 2020 for covered trips commencing on, or after 17 July 2020.

As such, we are pleased to be able to offer that upgraded cover to our existing customers at no extra cost. Your upgraded travel insurance now covers you for:

Cancelling your trip if you catch COVID-19 within 14 days of travelling*
Emergency medical expenses abroad due to COVID-19 and repatriation to get you home**
Cancellation and repatriation cover if you’re denied boarding your pre-booked transportation with a positive test for COVID-19
Additional accommodation and transport if deemed necessary by our medical officer
Daily benefit if you are ordered to self-isolate in your holiday accommodation if you have COVID-19
Cancelling or cutting your trip short after death in the family from COVID-19 or if your travelling companion(s), people you live with or people you’re staying with on holiday are diagnosed with COVID-19 within 14 days of travel***

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
As we have used them before am interested in your post .
Does it cover if in countries not advised by government

OP
OP
MichaelT

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 2016
As we have used them before am interested in your post .
Does it cover if in countries not advised by government
No unfortunately which is why I said they are unlikely to pay out. this is the wording, not sure what the FCO extension is you would have to look it up on their website.

Important information regarding FCO Travel advice: Please be aware that if at the time you start a trip, the UK Government or the Foreign and Commonwealth Office advise against all, or all but essential travel, you will not be covered by this policy. If you have purchased our European FCO Travel Advice Extension you will be covered for travel to certain countries. However you will not be covered for any claims under this additional cover option that are related to COVID-19 or the reason for the advice against travel being issued

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
MichaelT

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 2016
Just had a look to amend my policy and for £3.42 I can add the following, so no cover for Covid but everything else is.

European Travel Advice Extension Cover

Allows cover for travel to European Destinations where the FCO advise against all but essential travel (Europe cover also includes Egypt, Morocco, Turkey and Tunisia)
  • Extends emergency medical and repatriation cover*
  • Evacuation cover up to £1000 for additional travel and accommodation costs*
  • No cover is provided for reason the FCO advise against all but essential travel.
  • * subject to policy terms, conditions and exclusions. No cover for claims related to COVID-19

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
Ah ok . Not sure we are not advised to travel here so how will that work with their policy for expats !

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Sounds good.... what if you already in a country that’s ok and then U.K. says no travel there, will cover be rescinded..?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
We are hoping to fly to Portugal in November,but it’s currently no go country according to FCO. But.........

Staysure can extend the policy,so that their normal cover applies.
COVID cover can be bought from the Portuguese government.

Jobs a good’un!

Locals there tell us it’s safe,whilst taking the usual safety measures.

My only remaining concern is the airport and the plane,but most of those are only half full .

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back