Status Vision Plus VP2 - will it work with a Status 315? (1 Viewer)

The Lobster

Free Member
Aug 13, 2011
Borders of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Bürstner A576
Exp
Still getting started
I need a new TV aerial power pack/booster for my Status 315 aerial. The last Status Vision Plus power pack/booster that I can find that actually states it is compatible with my aerial is a VP1. However this appears to have been discontinued.

Will a later VP2 (or any of the other Vision Plus boosters) work OK (i.e. will it still power the aerial properly)? Thanks.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Can't answer your question but I don't understand why you want to spend money fixing a 315......the world's worst aerial by far.

OP
OP
The Lobster

The Lobster

Free Member
Aug 13, 2011
Borders of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Bürstner A576
Exp
Still getting started
So I'd like to get it working (properly), then I'll decide whether to replace it with a more modern Status aerial. At the moment it's very deaf - I suspect because the previous owner fitted an incompatible booster - so whilst I understand the relative performance of omni-directional aerials vs directional ones etc, in the long term I'll probably fit a dish (I have my eye on a Snipe 2)... for the cost of a VP2 (if it's compatible) it's quite a cheap test.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
The Lobster

The Lobster

Free Member
Aug 13, 2011
Borders of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Bürstner A576
Exp
Still getting started
Thanks... I believe it is powered, but the booster the previous owner fitted didn't generate any power for the aerial lead... So I'm hoping it will be ok, if I can get a compatible booster.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back