Free Member
Jun 20, 2010
Teeside
Funster No
MH
FireStorm
Exp
A long time.
I am considering changing my bog standard status ariel for one that actually works,
and is digital friendly,is ::bigsmile:it straight forward and which one do folks advise..?

OP
OP
J

jack

Free Member
Jun 20, 2010
Teeside
Funster No
MH
FireStorm
Exp
A long time.
Thanks Peter, maybe I am trying to pick up digital signals where there are none , we do tend to aim for wilderness places,perhaps I should hang fire until it becomes
more widespread.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pieterv

Free Member
Mar 8, 2009
Lichfield, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
I vaguelly remember reading somewhere that, when the digital switch over is completed, the signal strength will be turned up.

That might make the Status arials more useable.

Anyone know anything more about this?

Oct 13, 2008
Funster No
Exp
The signal strength from the main transmitters has indeed been increased, not sure about the relay ones though. The trouble with digital is that you either have a strong enough signal to receive a picture or don't, unlike analog where you could still get a picture even when the signal is weak.

I've no experience of the round status aerial on digital, but it was really poor on analog.

This post may be of interest Link Removed

Sep 23, 2007
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 and many as a tugger
I have a Status flying saucer and almost useless. I also have an Image 630 which is similar to the Status 530 except that it is bracket mounted, never failed me yet.
Go for a status 530 and I dont think you will be disapointed.

Andy

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
hi I have the status 530/5- straight forward to fit -drill hole about 30 mm then 3 or 4 screws all sealed with sikaflex type sealant :thumb:

the 530/5 is the short pole one - into a overhead cupboard and the 530/10 is the long pole version that fits into a wardrobe :thumb:
terry

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
Not had any probs with digital on the status directionals...sometimes you can be in a dodgy area which will give you bad or no reception, and for that we have the portable sat dish which suckers onto the roof.

Free Member
Oct 4, 2009
Tyne and Wear
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
My van came with the flying saucer attached and the reception from it has gone from rubbish to passable in a short time. I believe it will be a good aerial in 18 months time when everywhere is digital. I have a directional aerial, bought from Screwfix as a back up at the moment.

My Status was decapitated by a low branch near Newbury recently. I had to cut the coax to get it down. At home, I cut it open, soldered a new cable on and glued it back together. It still worked when leaning over at a crazy angle which was surprising.

There is something to be said for a permanent aerial fitted to a van. No setting up poles and searching for signals on site. It is a pity there are so many tree branches about though.:Sad:

OP
OP
J

jack

Free Member
Jun 20, 2010
Teeside
Funster No
MH
FireStorm
Exp
A long time.
Thanks guys,I will wait for digital to take over the world.:thumb:

Oct 13, 2008
Funster No
Exp
No need to wait, just go to somewhere that is already digital and see if you can get a decent picture :Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back