status aerial suddenly not working (1 Viewer)

Millie's Mum and Dad

Free Member
Aug 11, 2014
Funster No
MH
2008 Swift Bolero 630EW
Exp
Caravanning for 30 years, motorhome beginners
Any thoughts anyone? We recently had a Snipe 2 installed and our fitter wired it into the status aerial setup we think. All worked fine. Now there's no light on the status aerial box (yes the rocker switch is on - made that mistake before!) and the Snipe controller won't power up. The only thing that's changed since is that we had a new radio fitted to the cab a week or so ago, which works fine.
Could the two things be connected and what can we do about it?

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
I would guess a fuse but Im sure someone will know the answer.

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
Having just installed a Snipe 2 myself, I would say that when the wiring was done, the installer knocked the wiring to the status, and that it has slowly worked its way loose. This is easily done, since there are a lot of wires, all held together on spade joints.
You need to remove the panel that hides the wiring, and check all the connections. I betting one of them has come out.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

PJGWiltshire

Free Member
Mar 11, 2013
Arundel
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2009
Any thoughts anyone? We recently had a Snipe 2 installed and our fitter wired it into the status aerial setup we think. All worked fine. Now there's no light on the status aerial box (yes the rocker switch is on - made that mistake before!) and the Snipe controller won't power up. The only thing that's changed since is that we had a new radio fitted to the cab a week or so ago, which works fine.
Could the two things be connected and what can we do about it?

I would call the fitter back

OP
OP
Millie's Mum and Dad

Millie's Mum and Dad

Free Member
Aug 11, 2014
Funster No
MH
2008 Swift Bolero 630EW
Exp
Thanks everyone. Problem solved. the radio fitter must have blown the fuse that governs the multimedia setup. All fixed now, although I can't seem to turn the radio off now??? that must be user incompetence!

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Sorry, got to say it to stop you looking silly in the future...........

A fuse PROTECTS a circuit.

Well done, now find the 120 page radio manual and in small print on page 103 you'll probably find your answer. If like ours it's "press on/off button for 10 seconds".

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
oh for a radio with two rotary switches on off/volume and tuning half the time we cant either switch off or turn down volume
Tell me about it! We have an Alpine head unit, I seriously have no idea what half of the buttons do, that's why I switch the bluetooth on and let my 7 year old control the music :D

OP
OP
Millie's Mum and Dad

Millie's Mum and Dad

Free Member
Aug 11, 2014
Funster No
MH
2008 Swift Bolero 630EW
Exp
Well you'll all be pleased to hear we're set up on site in Cambridgeshire with the tennis through sky on the telly and managed to switch the radio off without a 7 year old present. And yes, the answer was "hold the source button for more than 6 seconds". Simples!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back