ipearce1

Free Member
May 18, 2008
swindon uk
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Hi all, I have been using the above from new and all has been ok untill recently. I think the cable has come loose at the top end as the picture has got worse and if you move the cable at the base of the aerial the reception changes. Does anyone know how to get in to the aerial to re connect? I can not see any way in, many thanks in advance.

Ian

alf

Free Member
Apr 7, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Status Aerials

Ian,
Check the manufactures website Gradeuk.co.uk they are manufacturers of the status aerials and have a repair service I dont know the cost but worth a phone call

Alf

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Hi I have not worked on the ariel on my MH, but i can see its secured to the roof by three screws and sealed round and over the screws with silicone, maybe able to get at the cable if taken off and then resealed if this solves the problem, a friend knocked is off in spain at a garage, reconected the cable and fixed it back on so may be worth a try. Peter:Blush::Blush:

dshague

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
VAN CONVERSION
Exp
20 years
if you want to remove the aerial ,just unscrew the locking nut inside wardrobe and pull through roof .need to disconnect the white coax cable .on the older type 530 you could get in to connect cable ,don't no about new ones :Eeek:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Hi I have not worked on the ariel on my MH, but i can see its secured to the roof by three screws and sealed round and over the screws with silicone, maybe able to get at the cable if taken off and then resealed if this solves the problem, a friend knocked is off in spain at a garage, reconected the cable and fixed it back on so may be worth a try. Peter:Blush::Blush:

depending who fitted it the three screws could just be belt and braces fixing.

my status 'flying saucer' was screwed but was also glued down with adhesive/sealer when i took it off to fit the solar panel.

a nightmare to remove all the adhesive and it did mark the roof.:cry:

dshague

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
VAN CONVERSION
Exp
20 years
this is the 530 .is this yours ?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun