Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Hi all
After some drunken bum broke my awning travel clips last Saturday night, a quick call to Linda @ Stateside Tuning, and guess what, A result as usual, supplying a pair of retro fit securing bracket that fit like the proverbial glove, made of Americas finest metal, instead of the dumb plastic originals, and far more secure, they should foil even the most ardent attack in future.
22.5 Hrs from PM/ and phone call to delivery
Many thanks Linda Geo
Ps I still want the dumb plastic relacment to keep it original:Sad:

L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
You're welcome Geo, happy to help :roflmto:

Hope you got Pammy to give that drunken bum a good kicking :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Plastic jobbies are on order and will be in on Dec 5th :winky:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Linda's service is normally fast but that was a result Geo:thumb:

Geo, Linda will bump this thread whenever she can ::bigsmile: but unfortunately it will eventually disappear. Why not pop along the Link Removed and leave a review of the great service you received, it will only take a mo and it will be there for posterity for everyone to see:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Linda, you forgot to bump this thread::bigsmile:

L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
He told me it was the wind :whatthe:

I wonder what he'd been eating? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
Geo can't get to a PC right now........................... he's up to his axles on the Yorkshire Moors :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
Geo

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Another timely bump
Well yes folks it was i that done the dirty deed, After a very sociable evening in Woody's Cafe with a few good freind, I returned to my RV and thought i detected a breeze developing, having seen the aftermath of RV Awnings and wind, I thought best put awning away or I would be up at 3am to do it, in true intoxicated fashion coordination and visual dexterity seem work against each other, forgetting that my awnings best feature is its retraction speed, a little like Arkwright's till, in "Open All Hours" I omitted to grasp the pull out tape before releasing the ratchet, result was an eighty miles an hour retraction, at which point it is interesting to note, that in the nano second following release, the whole world slowed down to the point where i could almost count the revolutions of the Awning roller and heard a distant voice in my head sreaming Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, and as the two arms collided fragment's of the travel clasp began flying thro the air also in slow motion, taking an age to hit the floor and again I was able to count the pieces as they flew by, followed by a huge bang that seemed to bring me and the world back into sync, words to myself followed but can not be repeated here, I i retired safe in the knowledge, that Linda would have the bits i needed and my friends on here would be over flowing with concern and sympathy, as has clearly been shown in the previous posts.
On a serious note I am glad it happened
Prior to fitting the "proper ones supplied by Linda, I decided to remove the remnants of the damaged one, expecting to find a nut and bolt or rivet fixing I was horrified to discover that the plastic type (ie squeeze in both sides to release arm) have neither of these devices securing the awning arms in place,
this type relies entirely on a 1 inch x 1 inch piece of double sided tape:Eeek:
Yes honestly my awning arms in travel mode have been depending on two such piece's, had i realised this before ordering replacements i could have just purchased a pack of Blue-Tac:Eeek::Eeek::Eeek::Eeek:
Geo:Blush:

Tony Santara

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Cheshire (ex Mancunian)
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 1994
Geo
sorry to hear about your bad luck but as you say the bright side is you weren't travelling

I suppose a stiff drink was needed afterwards for shock purely medicinal
:roflmto::roflmto:

OP
OP
Geo

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Hi Tony
I certainly needed a drink when I realised what I had been relying on:Eeek:
Geo

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Is this Stateside Linda we are talking of? the nice lady who sell all the goodies?

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
I have received parts the next day as standard from Stateside and can highly recommend their prompt, friendly and efficient service.

Many thanks.They certainly come highly recommended from me.:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back