LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
  • Is there a good app that I can use to find the next place where I will spend the night? I don't intend to go to campgrounds very often to save money.
  • Where can I find spots to fill the water tank in Spain?
  • Where can I dump the gray tank?
  • Where can I dump the cassette?
  • Is there a chemical that I should use in the cassette? I intend to keep the TP separate in order to avoid clogs.
Hi Hanz
We are in Spain to at the moment, but due to the Pandemic we are not touring, just staying in one place and abiding by the local rules.

Most of your questions can be answered by downloading the Campercontacts app. There is also an app called Park for Night, and Search for Sites. These will help you find paid for and free aires, also places to dump and refresh your tanks. We use Campercontacts and pay for the full version (about €5 a year I think).

By the way, be aware that you only get 5 free posts on here before you have to pay for full membership, which is well worth it, especially when you get your new van and will no doubt have loads of questions.

Free parking is not so welcome at the moment, but saying that some are still doing it and seem to be OK. We have our motorhome parked up at the side of the apartment we are renting and have had one local kicking off that we should not be camping there. I think as we have been cleaning and fixing things she assumed we were camping. We now have notices in the screen in Spanish to say we are not camping.

Good luck with your new life, you will love it.

OP
OP
hanz64
Dec 8, 2020
Spain
Funster No
MH
Camper van
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hello,

Many thanks for your elaborate answer. I will certain check out the Campercontact and Park for Night apps. I agree that paying for these apps and for this forum is a small price to pay and well worth it in my newbie situation.

However, I am sad to hear that free parking is not so welcome at the moment. I assume you must refer to the pandemic situation. However, I have seen that the local town has a free 72 hours camping location for vans (I suppose these are referred to as "aires"). I did visit that location just to check it out and see what a dump station looked like. There were a few campers there. Maybe 5 or so. So I guess some people are moving around. I realize that the borders between the regions in Spain are currently closed for regular people like myself. I am currently in Catalonia. So I think that is legal to still move around on Mondays through Thursdays within the region, and then on Friday through Sunday you have to stay put in the town where you are. That seems doable in my mind.

Do you have any knowledge if it is currently ok to cross the border into France and continue through Europe at this time?

Apr 28, 2013
Alentejo,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since the '80,s
Hi and another big w2f Enjoy your new van.
Get settled in here and find your way around,all your questions will be answered.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back