pij974

Free Member
Mar 17, 2008
Wellingborough, Northants
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Very occasionally you will turn the key in the ignition and get the relevant lights up on the dash, turn the key a bit further to start the engine and it will go completely dead, no display on the dash, no clock - nothing. I have to lift the bonnet and give the red lead a wiggle (the red lead that has a 90 degree plastic cover at the front of the posotive connections) this will then make a click noise and the clock and the trip will be reset. About 3 months ago I thought I would take the posotive connection off and have a closer look to see if there was any loose connections. There was nothing that looked obvious so I put it back together and thought I had cracked it as it has been ok until this weekend, and has now started playing up again. Any ideas?

May 16, 2010
North Hykeham
Funster No
MH
Custom
Exp
much more now
Check your earth connections.....thats a typical earth fault

Check engine to chassis and earth from battery.... take them off, clean them and where they bolt/screw on and put them back together

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Check your earth connections.....thats a typical earth fault

Check engine to chassis and earth from battery.... take them off, clean them and where they bolt/screw on and put them back together

then stick a big dollop of vasaline on the connections

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 16, 2010
North Hykeham
Funster No
MH
Custom
Exp
much more now
Aaahhhhh vaseline....a great addition to your supply of personal sex aids...

Smeared on the bedroom door handle it stops the kids from coming in and spoiling the fun:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back