Free Member
Feb 14, 2017
Nowhere
Funster No
MH
Motorhome
Exp
40 years
Just a brief note to say "Hello" to everyone on the forum and to introduce myself.

Following an unexplained rush of blood to the head I find myself about to take possession of a Hymer MLT-580 in a couple of weeks time.

Caravan experience - 0
Motorhome experience - 0

I think it's fair to say I'm a complete novice at this so will welcome any advice you got for me on any matters from my choice of vehicle (Good or bad. It's best I find things out early) security arrangements, insurance, storage etc.

I'll be sure to browse through the forum to research what I can on these matters but in the meantime I throw myself upon your mercy!

T.T.F.N.

Tangent

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
Hello and welcome to the Fun.

We were the same a few years ago and I am sure you will gets lots of good advice and a warm welcome.

:welco:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
The best 15 nicker youre ever going to spend is joining this site. You ll probably save that and more in the first 24 hours.
Just create a thread in the relevant area for what you want to know.
At least 5 differing opinions on 8 different subjects will appear within the one thread and you just have to work out which one suits you or makes most sense to you
There are specific areas for storage and insurance so could well be worth a perusal and you ll find a lot of ppl live near to your location !

Upvote 0
Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
animated WelcomeGroupSmiley.gif

Upvote 0
Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Welcome to the group, bought first van in1983, no caravan or moho experience, just a lifelong dream. had a few since.
Still learning now

Upvote 0
Dec 23, 2015
Audenshaw
Funster No
MH
Pilote Pacific P650GJ
Exp
Over 6000 miles between 3 March to 26 September 2017.
Not sure if we qualify yet as we don't get our mh for another two weeks and two days, but :WelcomeFlag:. This site is brilliant and I'm going to be bending some ears soon :D2

Upvote 0

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
Firstly
w2f

I think it's fair to say I'm a complete novice at this so will welcome any advice you got for me on any matters from my choice of vehicle (Good or bad. It's best I find things out early) security arrangements, insurance, storage etc.
Secondly, security covers a broad spectrum of things you may not have considered! The van itself to start with, it probably does not have a manufacturers alarm fitted. If it does, it will not be fit for purpose. What you need is a dedicated motorhome alarm, like the vanbitz strikeback (search on the forum for details).
The other consideration, if you are keeping the van at your home location, nothing advertises the fact that you are on holiday more than the missing motorhome!
Insurance, really depends on your circumstances, but there are deals to be had. You need to work out how you will use the van and then get some quotes. We do a lot of European touring, so Comfort came out on top for us, since we get unlimited cover in Europe along with breakdown cover with them.

Upvote 0

Jamesh

Free Member
Jun 28, 2020
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Caravaning since 2010
The best 15 nicker youre ever going to spend is joining this site. You ll probably save that and more in the first 24 hours.
Just create a thread in the relevant area for what you want to know.
At least 5 differing opinions on 8 different subjects will appear within the one thread and you just have to work out which one suits you or makes most sense to you
There are specific areas for storage and insurance so could well be worth a perusal and you ll find a lot of ppl live near to your location !
So long as you avoid the U shaped lounge!!!šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back