Free Member
Feb 21, 2020
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hello,
I am right at the start of my van conversion adventure! Really excited, and now the planning and purchasing begins. I have done extensive you tube research and read some books of people that have converted sprinter vans. I am looking to convert a box Luton van. Maybe 3.5 tonne, possibly 7.5 depending if I can afford to take the Cat C test and if I want to wait for that extra bit of space. I am planning to live full time in it. I’m sure questions will come thick and fast once I start the build but for now I will browse the forum. One question that comes to mind is to ask what software people have used for their plans? Am using pen and paper at the minute to jot down loose ideas of layout and where to place stuff.
See you in the forums
Thanks

OP
OP
V

vantoplan

Free Member
Feb 21, 2020
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
I'm a newbie
Thanks...yeah, absolutely no experience though. Happy to learn and listen to all those who started off in the same position. Got to start somewhere!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Gaddfly

Free Member
Feb 23, 2019
Funster No
MH
Eldis 125
Exp
years
Hello,
I am right at the start of my van conversion adventure! Really excited, and now the planning and purchasing begins. I have done extensive you tube research and read some books of people that have converted sprinter vans. I am looking to convert a box Luton van. Maybe 3.5 tonne, possibly 7.5 depending if I can afford to take the Cat C test and if I want to wait for that extra bit of space. I am planning to live full time in it. I’m sure questions will come thick and fast once I start the build but for now I will browse the forum. One question that comes to mind is to ask what software people have used for their plans? Am using pen and paper at the minute to jot down loose ideas of layout and where to place stuff.
See you in the forums
Thanks

Gaddfly

Free Member
Feb 23, 2019
Funster No
MH
Eldis 125
Exp
years
Hi, years ago my hubby converted a Mk1 Transit and got plans off Exchange and Mart. Don’t know if they still do this though.

Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
Welcome aboard and the software to consider is ‘Sketch it’ they do a free one and subscription and there are plenty of utube vids to show you how to use it.
good luck.

Sep 21, 2018
Heywood
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Hello and welcome. It will be hard work but worth it we are nearly at the end of our build but keep going away to test it.

Jul 24, 2014
North cotswolds
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer Symbol Auto
Exp
since 2010
:welcome4:
Lots of info on the fun, all the best with your build.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back