Jan 29, 2014
grimsby
Funster No
MH
autusleeper
Exp
ten years
starter battery..

three months back I bought two new leisure batteries,,and connected together..all ok..but the last few days I have noticed that on the regulator,, battery two starter battery is only showing some thing like 5.6 volts going in from solar panel..[75 watt] put tester on starter battery showing 12.5 volts roughly,, the van is starting ok ..and then showing with engine running 14 plus volts on regulator.stays on this,then drops down to roughly 5 volts is the regulator trying to tell me the starter battery is coming to its end..
hope this makes sence..
thanks in advance..​

cmcardle75

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 8, 2012
Reading
Funster No
MH
Riot Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
starter battery..
three months back I bought two new leisure batteries,,and connected together..all ok..but the last few days I have noticed that on the regulator,, battery two starter battery is only showing some thing like 5.6 volts going in from solar panel..[75 watt] put tester on starter battery showing 12.5 volts roughly,, the van is starting ok ..and then showing with engine running 14 plus volts on regulator.stays on this,then drops down to roughly 5 volts is the regulator trying to tell me the starter battery is coming to its end..
hope this makes sence..
thanks in advance..​

I'm not sure I'm quite getting this. What is reading 5 volts? If your engine battery at rest is showing 12.5V, then it is nearly fully charged. I suspect you either have a loose connection at your solar charger, or you are reading something other than volts, perhaps you are reading the charge current, or the voltage of the solar panels in low light?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back