Starter battery connection Truma SDC 10 (1 Viewer)

Bobbydaisy

Free Member
Oct 13, 2021
Funster No
MH
Elddis CV20
Need some direction from the people who know how this works as it’s new to me. I have a Truma SDC10 solar controller , it currently only has one output connected to the leisure battery. I am looking to connect the other output to my starter battery. The issue I have is , I have an AGM leisure battery and a “flooded” type starter battery , I checked the settings on the controller and they were at default , so have currently changed it to AGM and to 100% charge to the leisure battery . Can I connect to the starter battery from the spare output direct and as the AGM battery was already set on the controller at default ,which was for the “flooded” type battery without any problems? I have a smart alternator too ( stop/start with an auto gearbox) will this be an issue? I don’t have any issue wiring it and fuse protecting the circuits, just the principle of how the Solar Controller works and impacts on the battery types. I would change the charge split to 10/90% if it can be done. Apologies for the long post….. thanks

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back