Dave.s

Free Member
Oct 5, 2016
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
Hi to you all, we have taken the decision after many months/years of just talking about it, to actually buy a motorhome, we are going to the show next week and we are prepared to have our brains fried with all the info that will be thrown at us. We have already visited a couple of dealers local to us and that in itself was eye opening but we did meet some motorhome owners who were very approachable and gave advice freely, we can't wait to get a motorhome but we won't rush as it's a big purchase, so you might find in the coming weeks I/ we may ask some obvious questions so apologies in advance.

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
IMG_0855.GIF

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
:pink:

Good luck at the show.

You will find a mine of info on here to help you. We have been motorhoming for 30 years and still learning something new on the Forum.(y)

Apr 28, 2013
Alentejo,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since the '80,s
Hi Dave and a big :welcome4: all I can say is take your time over your decision,last year we bought a new van 6 mtrs after having a 7.5 for years,thought it would be good to downsize,after a year we are thinking of going back to the size we had.
Do I hear the word depreciation in my head??For sure I do,an expensive mistake.
Good luck and hope you find the right van without too much stress.

OP
OP
Dave.s

Dave.s

Free Member
Oct 5, 2016
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
Thanks for the welcome, we are thinking of an end lounge with a dinette at the front with separate shower, front runners are a tribute or autotrail we don't want a fixed bed as it seems that give you some dead space during the day and will need more open space to accommodate dogs.

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Hi from us three . this is the place to ask loads of questions ;)

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
we can't wait to get a motorhome but we won't rush as it's a big purchase,.

A good reason to buy your first SH. That way if you get it wrong it's not such a big hit to change.

You are buying a home, a house on wheels, but a small one so the compromises are huge.

Bart

Free Member
Jun 4, 2016
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Boxer L4H2 van build
Exp
Since 2016
some layouts have a fixed bed above the cab , which lowers when in use. great space saving option

Feb 4, 2016
West Sussex, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B680 Starline
Exp
Long term a few years now.
:welcome4:

After layout make sure the van has got enough payload. Some vans have very little . Get whatever van you decide on weighed dont rely on manufacturers figures (y)

Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
We have only been motorhoming for just over 2 years. When we bought our first we were adamant that we would not go over 6m. Everyone said length is not an issue and they were right after two years of the 6m changed to a 7m. We wanted a garage p, more space and a fixed bed.

I wish we had bought SH as you do lose a lot new, whe we thougt we wanted we didn't really in the end. Inwill second payload that can be a huge issue.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back