Mike foster

Free Member
Aug 21, 2016
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
Looking to buy
Exp
while checking the condition of the spare tyre on my newly acquired motorhome I noticed two stabilisers on the rear corners, now the chances of me getting down on my knees and winding them down well it's just not going to happen, do we need to use these and if so is there an alternative. Regards Mike.

RowleyBirkinQC

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
Guess it's personal preference as to whether you use the stabilisers, perhaps relative to length of your overhang and how much movement there is when on site? If they are similar to those we had on our first van, there should be a tool to wind them down, or maybe use an electric (battery) drill like many tuggers do? Personally, I could never be arsed to use them, but Domestic Management didn't like the body movement so I was always instructed to do so.

Upvote 0
Aug 19, 2009
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
We have never used the rear stabilisers in any of the three motorhomes we have owned. Having said that we tried them on the first Rapido we had and they didn't make any real difference so never bothered since. Don't worry about them I don't............there are better things to do when you are traveling. Hope you enjoy your new motorhome. Cheers Phil

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

RogerThat

LIFE MEMBER
May 20, 2016
North West
Funster No
MH
PVC
Our rear-lounge motorhome sways around in the wind a bit so I use some of those fiamma plastic jacks, looks like an axel stand, which works surprisingly well!

If you decide to remove them can I get first refusal please? :D

Upvote 0

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Never failed to use them.....

If your house wobbled as you move around you'd sort it out so why accept your van moving.
Same with levelling up, if your house floor sloped you wouldn't accept it.

As said, you can buy adaptors for a battery drill, just make sure the drill has a torque setting or you could over wind them.

Upvote 0
Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
Both my vans have had them but I've never used them, so as far as I'm concerned they are a waste of space;-) that could be because I rarely stay in one place for more than one night and even more rarely use sites so tend to just park up and put the kettle on

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Mike foster

Mike foster

Free Member
Aug 21, 2016
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
Looking to buy
Exp
Think I be ok without them, as soon as my wife sits in the rear u shaped lounge the vans going nowhere Rogerthat if you want to come and take them off there yours

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back