Stabilisers on tow bar? (1 Viewer)

Jun 18, 2008
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since June 2008
Our new van doesn't have any stabilisers, not a problem when there's just the two of us but when our 6'3" son-in-law wanders about it might prove to be like eating on a North Sea ferry, it might even lead to drink spillage :tears:

We do, however, have a good tow bar. Would it be possible to get a pair of caravan style wind-down stabilisers fitted to this? Any other options (not sippy cups for the wine please :roflmto:)?

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Our new van doesn't have any stabilisers, not a problem when there's just the two of us but when our 6'3" son-in-law wanders about it might prove to be like eating on a North Sea ferry, it might even lead to drink spillage :tears:

We do, however, have a good tow bar. Would it be possible to get a pair of caravan style wind-down stabilisers fitted to this? Any other options (not sippy cups for the wine please :roflmto:)?

Two sizes,
Marcle Leisure Steadies
Link Removed

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
fiammi do very light weight screw up ones ideal for the job . the base is plastic so very light to store . loads of the germans use them . you just have to remember not to drive off with them still there .thats how i got mine .the german stopped but had broke one .he chucked them in the bin . i salvaged the good one .just in case i ever needed one .

Last edited:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
I use a bottle jack

I use a bottle jack under my Reece tow bar .. I have some 10 ton jack pads and put the bottle jack on one then jack it up and that stops a lot of movement.

I also have adjustable rear suspension air bags which do help.. we often put a jack under the electric step and if really in a mind to have a solid firm base we can use two American slide out jack,, then it is rock solid.

Bob

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
I use a bottle jack under my Reece tow bar .. I have some 10 ton jack pads and put the bottle jack on one then jack it up and that stops a lot of movement.

I also have adjustable rear suspension air bags which do help..[HI] we often put a jack under the electric step [/HI]and if really in a mind to have a solid firm base we can use two American slide out jack,, then it is rock solid.

Bob

Hi Bob.. I would caution against putting a jack under the step as any movement in the van (however small) will strain the step mechanism ..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back