St Malo ferry port - places nearby to stay? (1 Viewer)

The Lobster

Free Member
Aug 13, 2011
Borders of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Bürstner A576
Exp
Still getting started
I'm planning to break a holiday in France with a short trip to Jersey for a wedding and want to park up the MH in St Malo and go to Jersey on foot. Is there anywhere conveniently near the ferry port to park-up (could be a camp site) that you can recommend? Thanks.

Mother Ship

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 21, 2011
Jersey
Funster No
MH
Pilote 626D
Exp
Since 1986
Can leave in car park in front of terminal. Many Jersey folk do this including me!

Nik

Oct 29, 2014
Cornish exile in Surrey
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
1 year
It might be a bit far for your needs but there is a very nice aire with services at Rotheneuf. About 10 mins drive from the port. We cycled back into St Malo in 25 mins from there.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Thanks for that. On google maps it looks like it might be a little more than a quick walk to the port - about 2km?

20 mins then,,BUSBY,,

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mother Ship

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 21, 2011
Jersey
Funster No
MH
Pilote 626D
Exp
Since 1986
If open, this is close to the port...

http://www.ville-saint-malo.fr/camping-la-cite-dalet/

Outside of St Malo, but good bus route...

Broken Link Removed
I personally would not leave a M’home on this site unattended overnight. I have stayed on it for a week & Lovely place to camp but how arranged not under surveillance all time & anyone can enter campsite by gate at back which is the quick way to walk down to St Servan Port. The walk to St Malo ferry terminal is then across walkway on top of St Servan beach, about 30 mins in all. Far safer to leave Motorhome in paid car park opp terminal, always floodlit & under surveillance of port officials in tower of bridge. Campsite also expensive for what it is - has got shabby over past few years.

Mother Ship

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 21, 2011
Jersey
Funster No
MH
Pilote 626D
Exp
Since 1986
It might be a bit far for your needs but there is a very nice aire with services at Rotheneuf. About 10 mins drive from the port. We cycled back into St Malo in 25 mins from there.
Agree, lovely aire for Motorhomes, used to be municipal campsite, quite safe to leave here and agree if cycling a lovely flat route.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: Nik

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back