St Anne's Aire ...... Good news ........ (1 Viewer)

SandJ

Free Member
Sep 14, 2007
North Yorks
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Too long lol
Read to the end

Good news for more spaces at St Anne's Aire style parking.
See: from Fylde council

Andrew Loynd JANUARY 10, 2018
As an update on this scheme, please note that our car park prices were reviewed early in 2017 and resulted in an increase in most parking charges. As such it now costs £5.30 for overnight parking (6pm to 10am), £8.40 for up to all day parking (9am until 10am the following day), £15.80 for up to 2 days and £22 for up to 3 days.
On a separate issue, a liquid waste disposal point has been in operation for just over a year on North Promenade Car Park within the public WCs, about 500m North of St Annes Swimming Pool Car Park where this scheme is located. A single bay has been provided for motorhomes next to the public WCs which allows 20 minutes free parking to allow time to empty your waste water/foul cassettes. There is a charge of £1 to use this facility.
Finally, you may wish to know that in the next couple of months a new overnight parking location for motorhomes at North Beach Car Park will be provided on a one year pilot. This is a quieter location on the edge of a sand dune SSSI and has access to a sand beach with neighbouring residential properties. Spaces at this location will be limited to a set area of the car park. Prices will be lower than at St Annes Swimming Pool Car Park in light of the more remote nature of the location.
Regards
Andrew Loynd
Technical Support Manager
Fylde Council

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
I seem to remember some of us emailed Fylde Council when this was first mooted, nice to see it has, so far, been a success leading to an expansion of the scheme. Let's not ruin it.

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
@SandJ
If you have the e-mail address of the relevant official @Fylde Council it might be a good idea for MHF members to congratulate them on their foresight.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
SandJ

SandJ

Free Member
Sep 14, 2007
North Yorks
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Too long lol
Sorry
@SandJ
If you have the e-mail address of the relevant official @Fylde Council it might be a good idea for MHF members to congratulate them on their foresight.
I agree it might be a good idea to thank/congratulate the official/council about their provisions for Motorhomes and would suggest an email/letter to the council parking office/department responsible for parking in Fylde.
I never stated or implied that I had the relevant officials email, I would also state that I would never give anyone's email without their consent.

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
They had no problem back in 2013/14 if I remember when they were contacted and congratulated on the proposals. I shall be happy to contact them on the latest additions and apologise for the abuse at the dump facility that has been aired (is that the past tense of a defunct aire?) on Fun before. The contact details are freely available.

Andrew Loynd Principal Car Parking and Energy Officer. andrew.loynd@fylde.gov.uk 01253 658527 07966 890715

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
andrew.loynd@fylde.gov.uk

St Anne's Aire style parking

Good morning Mr Lloynd,

Just to pass on my thanks for the decision to extend facilities for motorhomes in St Anne's. This facility in your town has been discussed many times on the forum of which I'm a member, motorhomefun.co.uk, and I remember was the subject of great interest when the idea was first mooted back in 2013/14? It all seems such a long time ago now.

There are a few more facilities now being offered for motorhomes in other parts of this country and I hope this forward thinking continues to keep more of us touring and spending our money in the UK instead of the continent where, as you will be aware, there is a far better welcome for our fraternity.

I also hope that certain members of our community do not abuse the facilities on offer as has been the case apparently at the waste disposal area your council has also provided. They are in a small minority but do spoil things for the rest of us and can lead to these facilities being withdrawn which is understandable when locals see the effects of these actions.

Kind regards,

OP
OP
SandJ

SandJ

Free Member
Sep 14, 2007
North Yorks
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Too long lol
andrew.loynd@fylde.gov.uk

St Anne's Aire style parking

Good morning Mr Lloynd,

Just to pass on my thanks for the decision to extend facilities for motorhomes in St Anne's. This facility in your town has been discussed many times on the forum of which I'm a member, motorhomefun.co.uk, and I remember was the subject of great interest when the idea was first mooted back in 2013/14? It all seems such a long time ago now.

There are a few more facilities now being offered for motorhomes in other parts of this country and I hope this forward thinking continues to keep more of us touring and spending our money in the UK instead of the continent where, as you will be aware, there is a far better welcome for our fraternity.

I also hope that certain members of our community do not abuse the facilities on offer as has been the case apparently at the waste disposal area your council has also provided. They are in a small minority but do spoil things for the rest of us and can lead to these facilities being withdrawn which is understandable when locals see the effects of these actions.

Kind regards,
Hi @Bailey58
I think they may well like to have feedback and especially your well constructed email, are you sure they would welcome potentially thousands of emails, considering this is a works email and Andrew has a demanding role? Would it not have been more constructive to create a post so that all members could thank Andrew and Fylde personally without bombarding Andrew with individual emails?
@Jim is this not a good idea to have a section on the forum for this and then the relevant person could be sent the link?
What are your and others opinions of this?

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Sorry, don't agree Steve. They are not the only council to ask for opinion and feedback in the past and, whilst this is not the same situation as this is an expansion of the existing scheme, I don't seriously think they will be bombarded with thousands of emails. Andrew Loynd is the man in charge and it's appropriate that any comments are sent to his works email address if only for him to learn of our approval and give him some ammunition when dealing with any opposition within his own council, and the public in general. But having said all that I do see your point.

OP
OP
SandJ

SandJ

Free Member
Sep 14, 2007
North Yorks
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Too long lol
Sorry Bailey 58 for not knowing your name but I will try and add further reasons why not in my opinion but appreciate your thoughts.

I was waiting once for an important email and by accident my email had bee shared to all and sundry for contact to a problem, I had to search every email by opening them all, I was unable to know which was which because I was unaware of the senders details and not all had entered the subject.

Also roles change and people leave so you are not certain to deliver to correct person.
Not all then pass on to the ????? If you get my drift.

Just putting another point of view

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back