St Andrews (1 Viewer)

Apr 25, 2012
Near Truro, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Hi, last March we stayed at Craigtoun Meadows holiday park and despite its name it was very quiet at that time of year. If you don't mind a walk into town (it was fine for us) you can get into the heart of the town within about 20 minutes. Don't know if you've been before but there is plenty in the town, and, of course, the course is the star, even if you are only spectating as we were. I've watched the Open for years but until I stood alongside that 17th green I had no real appreciation of its status as the hardest hole in golf.:thumb:

OP
OP
gordoncbrown
Oct 2, 2011
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
Hi, last March we stayed at Craigtoun Meadows holiday park and despite its name it was very quiet at that time of year. If you don't mind a walk into town (it was fine for us) you can get into the heart of the town within about 20 minutes. Don't know if you've been before but there is plenty in the town, and, of course, the course is the star, even if you are only spectating as we were. I've watched the Open for years but until I stood alongside that 17th green I had no real appreciation of its status as the hardest hole in golf.:thumb:

Do you know if it is open all year?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pinkie

Free Member
Apr 23, 2013
Angus
Funster No
MH
Hymer B555 Auto
Exp
Hi,

Think you will find a lot of them round here like that. If it's only one night, i'm in Monifieth, which is about 15-20 mins drive, you can park up on my drive, we are the next village to Carnoustie so if you like golf links they are full of them!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back