SPTH Form for Ferry travel to Spain (1 Viewer)

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
It gives me no pleasure in posting this but, having spent 3hrs trying to fill the above Form online this morning, I had to surrender and go to the ferry terminal and seek help from the brilliant BF staff.

To put this in context. I was a professional Form filler outer for 30yrs and I do not accept defeat easily but this one was a Lulu.
Example: Sex: Male? No. What else could I put.
Next mobile phone, In no particular order, it would not accept 078**** or 78******,or 004478****' or +4478**'''* oh! and there were two boxes for a mob. Never got to the second one!
Country? It wouldn't accept UK, GB, Great Britain, United Kingdom
The way one puts in the dob was interesting. Year hyphen month hyphen date.
Look, I'm not saying I'm perfect but I wasn't the only one at the terminal seeking advice.

As this Form is necessary for getting on the boat might I humbly suggest that you give yourself a lot of time prior to sailing. Do NOT assume you can turn up at the terminal and fill in that Form after arrival there.
The BF man said doing it on a laptop is easier but you will need to print the QR code out (wouldn't you?)

pj650

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 14, 2010
Gretna. Dumfriesshire.
Funster No
MH
Bürstner t740
Exp
Motorhoming since 2002
We are sitting waiting to board to Santander. We got so far in the form and then had ask a Brittany Ferries staff member if he could help.
He completed both my wife’s and mine on the phones in less than a minute. All done with a smile. Don’t be afraid to ask for assistance 👍

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

bigtwin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006
Filled ours out during our lunch break en-route to the ferry for our bike trip.

Only problem I recall was that it wouldn’t upload one of the required documents but since we had that on our phones we didn’t worry.

Ian

OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
As I couldn't do it I am at a loss as to give you an answer.
I have a feeling that the BF desk Jockey may have used the 'Family' section as there was information he didn't ask pertaining to Mrs Emmit that he couldn't deduce otherwise but, other than saying it was easier to do it on a laptop, I can't help. Sorry

OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
"Just because it is in english doesn't mean the answers can be. :LOL:We aren't that clever here.:unsure:"

The words, "We aren't that clever here" aren't the first words that spring to mind!

OldCodger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 1, 2017
Surrey, UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago I 143 LE
Exp
Since 2016
I will wish you a Good Morning Funsters from a sunny Heathrow

And that as far as we are going to get today.

All European flights cancelled.

😭😭😭😭

We got the email as we arrived at the airport. A lot of use that was.

Kozikot

Free Member
Nov 8, 2020
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 282
Exp
Newbie ish...
I will wish you a Good Morning Funsters from a sunny Heathrow

And that as far as we are going to get today.

All European flights cancelled.

😭😭😭😭

We got the email as we arrived at the airport. A lot of use that was.
Our Daughter was meant to fly this Morning with BA from Heathrow, but she got an email 03.12 this morning, to check with airport before travelling, luckily she read the email when she woke up at 05.30...

Screenshot_20220226_094949_com.huawei.browser.jpg

Last edited:

OldCodger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 1, 2017
Surrey, UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago I 143 LE
Exp
Since 2016
Our Daughter was meant to fly this Morning with BA from Heathrow, but she got an email 03.12 this morning, to check with airport before travelling, luckily she read the email when she woke up at 05.30...
We got ours as we were coming off the M25 at Heathrow

Tony V

Free Member
Jun 5, 2020
Llyn Peninsula, N Wales
Funster No
MH
A/S Amethyst
Exp
newish
I've managed to get as far as receiving a bunch of codes to input, but of course it wont accept them until literally just before I sail [2 day crossing]. Comments regarding getting to the Portsmouth terminal extra early noted with Thanks.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back