Sprinter electrics (1 Viewer)

Deleted User
Yet again the electrics are playing up on my Sprinter. In its 8 year life it has had a new fuse board and relays, 2 new ignition switches and several visits to the workshop because of warning lights. I had it checked in February because it had ESP warning but £95.00 later they couldn't find anything wrong. It is again showing ESP warning and speedtronic cruise control warning "visit workshop". If I switch the ignition of and then restart everything is ok. Should I need to worry or is this yet another Mercedes gremlin. Anybody else had this problem.

Spongy

FJmike

Free Member
Jul 17, 2014
Swindon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
over ten years
I had the abs asp light problem on my 2007 sprinter based Pilote . After several misdiagnosis and a few times not being able to start until fault cleared. The fault was tracked down by a local mechanic to corroded relays and wires under the dash.

D

DL42846

Deleted User
Yet again the electrics are playing up on my Sprinter. In its 8 year life it has had a new fuse board and relays, 2 new ignition switches and several visits to the workshop because of warning lights. I had it checked in February because it had ESP warning but £95.00 later they couldn't find anything wrong. It is again showing ESP warning and speedtronic cruise control warning "visit workshop". If I switch the ignition of and then restart everything is ok. Should I need to worry or is this yet another Mercedes gremlin. Anybody else had this problem.

Spongy
On my work Sprinter van it has occasionally had a ESP warning light come on, and like you I just switch off the start up again and its cleared. It has been doing that since new. Its six years old now. I did have a problem with some sensors which caused a loss of power due to the system self protecting the engine. I had to have the exhaust sensor changed and a couple of others . No idea what they were but it sorted the problems out and improved fuel economy.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
i would be investigating the wiring to the fuse/relay board. if the last replacement was down to water ingress and corrosion the multiplugs may be corroded too.

OP
OP

Deleted User
i would be investigating the wiring to the fuse/relay board. if the last replacement was down to water ingress and corrosion the multiplugs may be corroded too.
Hi the big1
The fuse board was replaced due to corrosion, good point and may have that investigated

Spongy

OP
OP

Deleted User
On my work Sprinter van it has occasionally had a ESP warning light come on, and like you I just switch off the start up again and its cleared. It has been doing that since new. Its six years old now. I did have a problem with some sensors which caused a loss of power due to the system self protecting the engine. I had to have the exhaust sensor changed and a couple of others . No idea what they were but it sorted the problems out and improved fuel economy.

Thanks for that bit of info, as the warning light does not come back on when I restart I think I will see how it goes. It doesn't affect the starting.

Spongy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back