Sprint Electrical System on leVoyageur (1 Viewer)

OldAgeTravellers

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 6, 2014
Telford, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1970
I have a leVoyageur which has the digital electrical system Sprint Tab004 with completely electronic fuses.
The main feed to the fridge has zero volts on it so it will not run on 12volts and buzzes.
I have tried turning the system off, I have tried disconnecting the leisure batteries but neither seem to reset the fuse. looking at the pcb in the box there is no sign of burning. I have not disconnected the engine battery yet to see if that resets it because it is a fag to do so.
Has anybody any knowledge or experience of this system. unfortunately leVoyageur who are usually very helpful have just started their August shutdown so no contact possible. The terminal which is dead is S8 in the picture below with the heavy red wire with yellow connector on it. Both S8's are dead.
I could get another supply from the Charger outlet and add a physical fuse but would rather keep it original if possible. It suddenly happened one morning when we started motoring, I had not touched the system and I can see no sign of a short anywhere.
Anybody know off hand what size fuse for the large Dometic fridge.
Thanks for any help.
Steve

leVoyageurElectricBox_SMALL.jpg

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
I'd expect the fuse (that supplies the fridge when the engine is running) to be 10A. It could also be that the feed that senses engine run has failed. What make is your charger / distribution module?

OP
OP
OldAgeTravellers

OldAgeTravellers

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 6, 2014
Telford, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1970
Thanks Tony, the relay works off the D+ signal which is working. It has nothing to switch though because all it does is switch the supply from that large wire which is dead. So the electronic fuse in the box shown above has switched the supply to that large red wire off.
The supply to the box on the two other red wires marked BA which is Hab Battery is fine.
It is just how to reset the box and hence fuses. I have a very basic manual (in French) but it does not mention anything about resetting the system.
It was a faint chance that somebody has had the same problem on their leVoyageur so as not to have to wait till they reopen.
Steve

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Since the 80s
The electronic fuse might be the type that cuts off when the current overloads, and comes back on automatically after a few minutes when the overload is removed.

It may be that the fridge heater element has shorted, and is producing a continuous overload, so the fuse cuts off again as soon as it passes current again. Try disconnecting the S8 wire, and wait a bit to see if the supply to that connection comes back up.

OP
OP
OldAgeTravellers

OldAgeTravellers

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 6, 2014
Telford, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1970
The electronic fuse might be the type that cuts off when the current overloads, and comes back on automatically after a few minutes when the overload is removed.

It may be that the fridge heater element has shorted, and is producing a continuous overload, so the fuse cuts off again as soon as it passes current again. Try disconnecting the S8 wire, and wait a bit to see if the supply to that connection comes back up.

Brilliant @autorouter thank you very much.
Disconnected the cable from S8 nothing after 2 minutes.
Measured resistance 0.92 ohm which is about right and gives 213 watt 15amp at 13.5volt roughly so no short.
Turned the panel off and on after a couple of minutes nothing.
Waited a couple of minutes nothing.
Reconnected cable to S8 as there was no short.
Started the engine then after about a minute the 12v light came on.
So... the digital box obviously not only switches the D+ signal but also switches the 12 volt to the S8 terminal for the fridge.

DOH.... Bloody French are too clever for their own good.
Sorted now, THANKS, THANKS & THANKS AGAIN.
Steve
edited about reconnecting S8

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back